Mooders

Is there a conflict between enlightenment and success?

14 posts in this topic

Hi, I am relatively new to this have only been watching Leo's videos since december and I have never really used a forum before so sorry if this is a jumbled mess :D

I am currently studying in university doing an engineering degree, It involves a lot of maths and as i am not particularly well versed in maths it takes up a lot of time and willpower for me to get up to date on it. For me to be as succesful as i need to be I need to be devoting a lot of my time to maths however recently i discovered mindfulness and have become drawn to the idea however i worry it is having a negative impact on my university work. 

When i am meditating i recieve happiness and peace from the spacial awareness and understanding that my problems are self made and simply do not exist however as I become more and more aware of this I become less motivated to make positive changes in the parts of my life that would bring me success in a career sense. I think this is due to the fact that if i am able to find happiness and peace in simple existence do i need monetary or career accomplishments? 

I might be mistaken but i have interpretted leo's videos to be heading in a similar direction. A couple of videos ago (sorry i can't remember the specific title) he was explaining that he had achieved success however was worried that to dedicate too much of his life to this as he would regret it if he had not pursued enlightenment in the time he would otherwise invest into this success (this is of memory so sorry if this is incorrect).

Is there a way to achieve a perfect balance between enlightenment and success? Should i focus on my success now in this pivotal point in my life and invest more energy into enlightenment later? what works for you guys? 

10 minutes ago, Mooders said:

Hi, I am relatively new to this have only been watching Leo's videos since december and I have never really used a forum before so sorry if this is a jumbled mess :D

I am currently studying in university doing an engineering degree, It involves a lot of maths and as i am not particularly well versed in maths it takes up a lot of time and willpower for me to get up to date on it. For me to be as succesful as i need to be I need to be devoting a lot of my time to maths however recently i discovered mindfulness and have become drawn to the idea however i worry it is having a negative impact on my university work. 

When i am meditating i recieve happiness and peace from the spacial awareness and understanding that my problems are self made and simply do not exist however as I become more and more aware of this I become less motivated to make positive changes in the parts of my life that would bring me success in a career sense. I think this is due to the fact that if i am able to find happiness and peace in simple existence do i need monetary or career accomplishments? 

I might be mistaken but i have interpretted leo's videos to be heading in a similar direction. A couple of videos ago (sorry i can't remember the specific title) he was explaining that he had achieved success however was worried that to dedicate too much of his life to this as he would regret it if he had not pursued enlightenment in the time he would otherwise invest into this success (this is of memory so sorry if this is incorrect).

Is there a way to achieve a perfect balance between enlightenment and success? Should i focus on my success now in this pivotal point in my life and invest more energy into enlightenment later? what works for you guys? 

I did not really find a passion until I became more aware of enlightenment.  Thankfully, at least one of my passions makes income.  And now I'm in the process of turning my other passions into money makers.  I lost my drives to do things that other people pushed me to do a long time ago.  Just remember that most of that is to make someone else money.  But don't get greedy when you figure out how to make yours, it will cloud your vision.  And can turn you into easy prey.

I can say that the math, science, analytical, quantitative, qualitative, approximate, exact, ....understandings have been very important for me.  Particularly the math and data analysis aspects.  Not from an operative sense any more, but rather in understanding psychology and our existence in the collective being and our ability to coexist as proprietary beings.

Yes, you will have to find ways to focus and have desire to do your university work.  These are things that come to me mostly when exercising in a "regular" way.  Say, jogging or more active exercise is too busy to meditate on things like this.  But riding a bike or walking for instance, seem to be great contemplative exercises that can allow you to think clearly enough to reach some of your own conclusions long enough to remember them or write them down.

7 minutes ago, Elemental said:

I did not really find a passion until I became more aware of enlightenment.  Thankfully, at least one of my passions makes income.  And now I'm in the process of turning my other passions into money makers.  I lost my drives to do things that other people pushed me to do a long time ago.  Just remember that most of that is to make someone else money.  But don't get greedy when you figure out how to make yours, it will cloud your vision.  And can turn you into easy prey.

I can say that the math, science, analytical, quantitative, qualitative, approximate, exact, ....understandings have been very important for me.  Particularly the math and data analysis aspects.  Not from an operative sense any more, but rather in understanding psychology and our existence in the collective being and our ability to coexist as proprietary beings.

Yes, you will have to find ways to focus and have desire to do your university work.  These are things that come to me mostly when exercising in a "regular" way.  Say, jogging or more active exercise is too busy to meditate on things like this.  But riding a bike or walking for instance, seem to be great contemplative exercises that can allow you to think clearly enough to reach some of your own conclusions long enough to remember them or write them down.

The idea of math and science helping to improve your understanding of the universe is something i am just begining to discover. I have only read a small amount on astronomy and the way we use mathematical equations to understand how things interact with one another is beautiful. I do worry engineering is not a passion for me the reason i stick with it is i hope it will give me the tools to do something real in the world (I know its ambitious but say bring clean water to third world countries). The walking thing is definitely something that resonates with me, I used to cycle everyday back home for up 2 two hours a day and it brought clarity and peace that i had not felt before then and i find most of my progress happens during times when i stick on leos videos and go for a walk. I hope one day to find my passion but for now I am in an excellent oppurtunity to learn I just hope that when uni is over I dont regret the time and effort i spent here. 

I can't find one thing I truly regret.  Everything brought something to me that I've learned from.  I would not be who I am without uni.  And try the walking/cycling without earpieces when you want to focus on what you are "hearing" "saying" "thinking".  You may need to find a place with few people.  Think Law of Diffusion applied to everything.  Until you find good channels then the real fun begins!

13 minutes ago, Mooders said:

The idea of math and science helping to improve your understanding of the universe is something i am just begining to discover. I have only read a small amount on astronomy and the way we use mathematical equations to understand how things interact with one another is beautiful. I do worry engineering is not a passion for me the reason i stick with it is i hope it will give me the tools to do something real in the world (I know its ambitious but say bring clean water to third world countries). The walking thing is definitely something that resonates with me, I used to cycle everyday back home for up 2 two hours a day and it brought clarity and peace that i had not felt before then and i find most of my progress happens during times when i stick on leos videos and go for a walk. I hope one day to find my passion but for now I am in an excellent oppurtunity to learn I just hope that when uni is over I dont regret the time and effort i spent here. 

Learning self control through chakra healing will be very powerful !

I feel that too... Bro.. I am too an engineering student.. I am too going through same stuffs... And....

1. Being vulnerable is awesome for growth

2. Certainty Is cause of resistance and confusion

3. Being confused is one of the step to get the truth

my one of the goal in life is to connect everything cuz I believe that everything is interconnected to everything else.... Just carry on bro

Hey!
I believe success starts to be a big problem when it's not aligned with the process of your life purpose.

First of all, I believe that being a successful person is to work on a project or situation in which you believe and develops passionately, with a broad vision of what it can contribute to your own growth as a person (towards enlightenment) and also contribute to others. Money is just a need, a consequence, it cannot be taken as part of success. If you FOCUS on money as a sign of success you shouldn't be actually worried about enlightenment - it's either one or another, in my opinion.

So, the question for me is 'what do we consider as success? Is it money income from your work and projects or the sense of satisfaction, pleasure and meaning in what you do?'

This should be enough for you to wake up every morning, study and develop your career and believe that what you're doing has a big impact in your life and in the lives of others.

4 minutes ago, Natalia Campos said:

Hey!
I believe success starts to be a big problem when it's not aligned with the process of your life purpose.

First of all, I believe that being a successful person is to work on a project or situation in which you believe and develops passionately, with a broad vision of what it can contribute to your own growth as a person (towards enlightenment) and also contribute to others. Money is just a need, a consequence, it cannot be taken as part of success. If you FOCUS on money as a sign of success you shouldn't be actually worried about enlightenment - it's either one or another, in my opinion.

So, the question for me is 'what do we consider as success? Is it money income from your work and projects or the sense of satisfaction, pleasure and meaning in what you do?'

This should be enough for you to wake up every morning, study and develop your career and believe that what you're doing has a big impact in your life and in the lives of others.

You know that makes me shit a brick thinking that ive invested years of my life and thousands of pounds on something that has no meaning.

15 minutes ago, Mooders said:

You know that makes me shit a brick thinking that ive invested years of my life and thousands of pounds on something that has no meaning.

I can imagine. This is actually the kind of thinking it should provoke.

In my case, I received a lot of pressure from my family and even from myself to go to college and have a career. But I resisted. I always thought that simply going to college without this sense of meaning and passion, spending years and lots of money into something I didn't really believe was just crazy. So, jumping from one little job to another, at the age of 30 I found what was really meaningful to me, that changed my life and wanted to spread this to as many people as possible. So, it became my mission, something I experience and believe in and naturally, some money has to come out of it, because that's the way it is in this world, otherwise I would gladly work for free.

It's always time to make big shifts in life - see, Leo also made his. He also changed his career completely to something he was passionate about and dedicates himself to it, something aligned with his life purpose. I believe this is really what we can call being successful.

Edited by Natalia Campos
Wrong spelling

11 minutes ago, Natalia Campos said:

Hey!

There is something to be said for those who do it for themselves.  Try living without that money.  It doesn't last long.  Many people live with a persistent worry for the next round of bills.  Usually those that can only or will only look to themselves to provide that money.  Personally, it became apparent long ago that if it doesn't make money it doesn't make sense, ultimately.  Of course, health and wellness and spirituality and all the things that do good for the world are a must, however, they help you be the best you can be to provide the best for yourself even if it's by helping others.  It's important not to get caught up in a movement for the sake of a movement or fad or cause!  I found that I "myself" didn't even have passion for things that didn't make money except these I've mentioned.  Personal growth or development and to assist others in the same from mental to physical health to diet, exercise, and spiritual health are all tools to improve my ability to succeed in my own eyes.  Far too many of us are still "in the construct".

Sometimes i spend way too much time helping others with PD and not enough time making money for myself.  But, to learn by teaching is very powerful.  When the rubber meets the road I can assure you that without the money you won't have to see my posts all that often because I'll be busy doing things that pay!

1 hour ago, Shubham said:

I feel that too... Bro.. I am too an engineering student.. I am too going through same stuffs... And....

1. Being vulnerable is awesome for growth

2. Certainty Is cause of resistance and confusion

3. Being confused is one of the step to get the truth

my one of the goal in life is to connect everything cuz I believe that everything is interconnected to everything else.... Just carry on bro

I did theoretical and analytical primarily.  Some engineering.  The math is quite different, but I loved diffeq.  And now really appreciate the abstract and discrete.  And probability and statistics is key for practicality.  Human psychology reflects these principles in amazing ways!  To make the leap from human to creator think about solving an ab inito equation for a single body system vs. the ease with which an approximation can be made for a many body system.  And even the ab inito equation has fudge factors that cannot be explained fully because the sub atomic realm is not fully characterized in a practical way to link to the larger world.  The diagonal only appears to give exact solutions.  They are exact answers for the question asked!  Now, think about your mind and who you are and how hard that is to determine.  It gets easier with work.  But imperfection attacks you before you can even begin the day.  No matter how good your techniques are or may get.  So, then we learn that the flow is still the flow.  Try to control the flux.  And learn to direct the path of the flow based on your perception of time.  Realizing past, present, future and where your thoughts are coming from and where they are going is a useful practice also.  Journaling is a must.  When you fall away from that you'll remember to get back to it!  But all of these things must be done by you alone until or if you ever find a trustworthy companion to grow in these ways with.  Many times it's many people that provide small pieces of help at just the right times!  It may even be self serving to them and help to you.  Perceptions are tricky things they confuse us.  So, to perceive confuses but we must perceive to observe and form a hypothesis to find truth!  You are right on!

Being too vulnerable can teach you in unnecessarily painful ways.  Certainly "certainty" was a thorn for me. Hehe  Embrace approximations or uncertainty!  We are approximations as humans.  Even the most Divine human is not perfect.  Even thousands of Divine humans working together are not perfect like their source!  Confusion does seem necessary as each circle carries on.  And everything is so connected or interconnected that the only way to that goal is the way we go!  You may really like Mastery by Robert Greene, just for some scientific accounts.  Really neat stuff that is documented best in neuroscience but understood by countless numbers.

2 hours ago, Mooders said:

Spectroscopy!  It can tell the footsteps of the astronomical.  It is of great importance but that's a relative statement of course. 

Knowing C and visual C variants will pay big dividends.  Assuming the change in technology is still fully accessible with these originally fundamental codes.  Specialized instruments would require confidence with theory and machine language just to have data to use C on.  And remember it's all about fitting a "curve" to the data.  Then you can do calculations from that approximate equation.  The spacial and partial calculus becomes very important at this point.

So....we are best to find the best people to do what they do best and bring them all together under great leadership that also has understanding.

I did not get practical or enough training at many of the things you'll learn in engineering!  Some of which I just mentioned.

2 hours ago, Mooders said:

And the beauty of Geometry!  It really is amazing.  Think about it compared to all the math based on approximations.  It can form the desired blueprint.  But even the most precise and accurate instruments of rule and construction still have uncertainty associated with them.

3 hours ago, Elemental said:

There is something to be said for those who do it for themselves.  Try living without that money.  It doesn't last long.  Many people live with a persistent worry for the next round of bills.  Usually those that can only or will only look to themselves to provide that money.  Personally, it became apparent long ago that if it doesn't make money it doesn't make sense, ultimately.  Of course, health and wellness and spirituality and all the things that do good for the world are a must, however, they help you be the best you can be to provide the best for yourself even if it's by helping others.  It's important not to get caught up in a movement for the sake of a movement or fad or cause!  I found that I "myself" didn't even have passion for things that didn't make money except these I've mentioned.  Personal growth or development and to assist others in the same from mental to physical health to diet, exercise, and spiritual health are all tools to improve my ability to succeed in my own eyes.  Far too many of us are still "in the construct".

Sometimes i spend way too much time helping others with PD and not enough time making money for myself.  But, to learn by teaching is very powerful.  When the rubber meets the road I can assure you that without the money you won't have to see my posts all that often because I'll be busy doing things that pay!

Thanks man, i might taking what i want from what you have said but it has helped with some of my concerns :)