Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turkeysub3000

Please Take The Anger Video Down.

4 posts in this topic

Leo,

I think you need to give the anger video a new and different attempt.

In your current video, you resort to inflammatory, judgmental statements in its beginning. You express contempt and disgust at the idea of people expressing their anger, and you do more harm than good. Not only that, your micro facial expressions and judgments suggest you yourself are angry, and yet you say that you really do not understand anger.

If you really don't understand anger, then PLEASE take some responsibility by taking the video down and taking some time to really think about what you say and its potential impact before you resort to such negative value judgments of other human beings. I am asking you nicely.

If you were a psychologist and you posted that video, your license would probably be suspended if not revoked.

If you look at the top comments on that video, people are upset. They came to you in a vulnerable, angry place and you threw salt into a wound that they seek to heal. Not only that, your suggestion in the comments below is that if one does not like the video, they are automatically a dick. How is that fair? People have a right not to like your videos or your methods, but to be judged so harshly even after they felt turned off suggests you have made a suicidal attempt to have your needs of being seen met...and that is an irrefutable display of anger.

I know that part of your shtick is tough love, but you have to understand that a lot of people who experience issues with anger are often people who have experience TOO much tough love and just need to be validated and understood if they are to first seek to change the thoughts and beliefs that arise in helping to create anger within. 

You do not help people to understand their anger by first saying you do not understand anger and where they are coming from. You first seek to empathize and validate the anger and figure out the need that's being violated by the person who is angered. 

You actually violate your own need to help people to succeed in keeping this video up. It's disheartening to someone like me who looked up to you as someone who could help me transform my life, and it has undermined my sense of respect for you. 

Also, you can claim that your judgment is righteous, but if that's the case, you could have found a completely different way to mount the judgment. 

Lol man, he never said they were a dick. He literally meant he is a dick and in the video he explains why. Look it up

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Lol man, he never said they were a dick. He literally meant he is a dick and in the video he explains why. Look it up

Still doesn't really address the crux of the issue. 

I get what your saying. However sympathy does not wake you up. Yes he does give a harsh judgement to anger but if you take offense to his perspective upon anger then there is work on your part to fix. We all experience tough times in our lives and things that make our blood boil, but most of these videos aren't for making you feel better, of course when you are in these rough patches it is wise to talk it out and be sympathized but as you go along this journey although you may have empathy for aggression in people you'l also see the futility and lack of awareness within the person. Leo has expressed his thoughts on the issue and stated "his" solution and perspective. It's up to you to consider what he has said and if you don't agree and find a way that works better for you then great. 

Now for me I personally thought that video was amazing, especially due to his hard nosed approach. That video really helped me a lot too. It made me see that the tough circumstances I was in weren't that tough and that coming at it from anger did nothing but validate my victim behavior. Sometimes we need a good slap in the face, but maybe like you were saying, that approach may not work for everyone as we are all in different stages. 

It's good you expressed your point but there's no use telling him to take down the video, there are many great self help coaches that have great sympathetic ways of teaching you, also yes leo is changing so his ideas in the past are different from now but that's all part of growth.