Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnLeyo

[Book] Little Fires Everywhere Review

1 post in this topic

At first glance, this book seems to be mostly about teenagers, but then it struck me that it’s really about parenting. Each parent thinks they’re doing the right things in the way they raise their children. But who truly is? 

Ng does a good job of bringing each character to life. Izzy is the most unique of the characters. And the relationship between Izzy and Mrs. Richardson is spot on perfect. “When it came to Izzy, Mrs. Richardson was seldom calm, and for that matter, Izzy herself never was.” 

There are multiple storylines here, all equally fascinating. The one that grabbed me the most was between Bebe Chow and the McCulloughs. I flip flopped back and forth between whose side I was on. The heartache of both sides was palpable. 

It took a while for the book to truly grab me. But once it did, it really did. The title is so apt. Not just the physical fire, but the fires that burn within the characters, especially the fire that ignited in Mrs. Richardson. 

It’s interesting that the author refers to Mrs. Richardson by her formal name, whereas everyone else is called by their first name. It suits her perfectly, as she is such a stickler for tradition and following the rules. 

This is a fascinating book with a lot going for it. Five rich stars! 

Here Is a Free Self Improvement and Motivational Ebook.
All you have to do is enter the link bellow and put your name with your e-mail, and you will receive a message to your INBOX to download the Ebook....