Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexo45

Stuck with life purpose.

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

It's been about 2 months since i lastly did anything resolving around my life purpose. It also has been 2 months since i began to know about non-duality. I don't know why, but since then, my life purpose and plans started to make no sense anymore, and i felt like maybe it wasn't the right choice for me. It also didn't take long for me to "cancel" all my plans to go to university and study psychology,...

My life purpose was to become a psychotherapist, and it really felt like a genuine one, taking my past and everything into account. After learning about non-duality, i felt like becoming a psychotherapist was stupid, because i started to feel like it wouldn't give me enough satisfaction anymore. I don't want to become a psychotherapist, with in the back of my mind, the idea that i'm not really helping the person at all. I guess i would feel like i'm cheating, or lying to someone.

By typing this out, i'm actually becoming conscious of how shortsighted i was, and how stupid it was to cancel my plans, or maybe not? 
Anyways, i'm stuck at the moment, and i don't know what to do. I'm thinking about starting the life purpose course over again, but i'm not sure if that would be a good idea right now. 

What do you think?

Well, nonduality is a tricky thing. It's sorta like the elephant in the room which nobody sees. And IF you see it, it might change your plans in life.

But also, don't put the cart too far before the horse. You don't really know what nonduality entails, so as always you have to keep living your life using imperfect information.

Your desire to help people psychologically is probably genuine. What nonduality would do is purify that desire and show you more effective ways of serving people than perhaps traditional psychotherapy.

Don't get too far ahead of where you are. Ideas of enlightenment are not enlightenment, and will not feed or comfort you.

It's still the best strategy to stick to what you're more passionate about.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.