Bubba66

How To Jumpstart My Life

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I'll try to keep this short and to the point. I need some advice on actively taking control of my life, that is, going from just the status quo: going to school every day (currently into my second semester at college) and doing whatever is "expected" of me from my parents or my friends, to finally putting myself in the situation to actually figure out what I want to do with my life without feeling judged or restricted from doing it in any way. In a way I feel like I cant even really self-actualize properly given my current family and social dynamic. I hate the feeling of being "dependent" and almost like I owe someone something.  I feel as though the best move for me right now is to find out how to become as financially and otherwise totally independent as quick as humanly possible (currently still living with my dad, although I'm not even 20 so its not the worst thing). So if anyone has any advice for me on becoming financially independent as soon as possible so that I can just pave my own way free of others distracting expectations of me, that would be great! Any other useful advice would be awesome too. Thanks

Financial independence takes some time in most cases. Just keep in mind the more time spend on it the faster it goes. There is tons of information on making money on the Internet. My recommendation is to do alot of research to find what you want to do. There is a guy on youtube that talks alot about making money online, if that's the route you want to take. He's a little bit of a hard ass, but the info is good. He goes by king human. There are tons of online courses you can take as well. Just watch out for scams. The university of click bank will teach you alot of things about online marketing. And, udemy has short couses to learn new skills, and some of them are free. The point, I guess, is have more than just one source for what you're reaserching.

You'll also want to keep in mind that it takes money to make money. There are very few ways to make money for free. And, the free ways usually take alot of time. But, again you'll have to reaserch to find the path that best fits you. 

Hope this was helpful. :)

Read should you drop out out college or read the  summary somewhere. It gives you the  step by step way to get on your purpose. 

@Bubba66

Welcome abroad :)

First of all i just want to point out something to you because i wish someone else told me this when i was bit younger. This is common behavior when you are student. You have some desire to find yourself somewhere but most of the time, you are just wasting time on mediocre stuff. Now, i strongly suggest you not to force anything because in theory everything sounds cool and perfect, but in reality it is kinda pain in the ass. You have those wishy desires that you want to be mature, grown up and independent but in reality, you will most likely just do ordinary student stuff. So here are practical advices for you :

- Really question your about your college. Do you see yourself doing the stuff you do at university ? Now, the big bullshit everyone will tell to himself is that it costs a lot of money and i have to finish it. If i do not finish it, i will not get a job. If you suck at your university and you see yourself spending time and money on something wasteful, drop it. If not, keep going and get your degree.

Also, consider your college paper as piece of paper that has no worth. If you start seeing it that way from start, you will act above others. Why ? Because everyone relies on it and you will not give a damn about it :) It will be just some cute add-on.

To give you different perspective, i will tell you one of my most important sentence i learned recently  : Learning is not accumulation of knowledge but behavior change. If you can learn from this sentence, i have done my job here. If there is no change in your behavior , you learned nothing new. All the information and knowledge you get from college you get will not do anything if you it does not force you to change. And that's probably why you feel you lost. You lack motivation.

- Try to get some source of income. At least something you can spend on some courses. But i strongly suggest you to read first book called '' Mastery'' because you will most likely just keep jumping from stuff to stuff all the time. It will give you wisdom on how to find your passion.When you are student you are distracted by too many stupid stuff you find ''important'' but in reality you are just being lazy. So cutting thru that bullshit excuses is required from your side to make that jump.

I strongly suggest you don't get involved in some serious  relationship while doing this because it is just emotional drain. If you have some luggage there, cut it off because it will drain you on your road to discover yourself. People are clueless at that age what they want and they seek emotions from other people. 

-When you find something you like and it matches your strengths and values, you need to commit to it fully. No excuses allowed like why you can not do it etc . And i  am warning you, your mind is great bullshit made answer for any situation where you will find your self slacking. It will probably take 5 years to master something you want in life.... and after 1,2 years you will see if it really fits you. So there is a lot of hard work. And also great advice : It is so hard yo judge your own progress. Keep this in mind all time.

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Dr. joseph Goebbels