Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheFrown

Creative Work

2 posts in this topic

The hardest part of doing any sort of creative work seems to be dealing with the super ego and its constant meddling and criticisms while trying to achieve a flow-state. The more stipulations you enforce on your work the harder it becomes to be creative.

Another dangerous tendency is when i find myself ping ponging around different ideas unable to fully commit out of fear or just thinking its not good enough. I waste so much time and energy doing this. Having a clear vision of what you want is extremely challenging. When i commit to an idea of what i want to accomplish the less appealing that idea becomes. When i am writing music or designing sounds its all about feeling. So when my feeling diminishes so does my resolve and energy. Maybe i need to find a way to be ok with making something that doesn't necessarily sound amazing to me. Really is hard to please your inner critic.

Anyone else have thoughts or problems with their workflow?

Don't think too much, just create! I definitely understand having trouble achieving a flow-state. I'm a full time glass artist and the biggest threat to my creativity is asking myself necessary questions like "will this sell or not?" When you make a living off your art you sell your creative soul like that though. :) If you are just creating for yourself you should not have to think so much. Creativity comes from a deeper place than thought. Give yourself time to create a project completely free of judgement and when you find yourself thinking just stop. The end result is probably going to be awesome. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost