Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrhognuts

Is Aware Of Awareness Same As Witness To Consciousness?

6 posts in this topic

@mrhognuts Great question. I would say yes. But the two clearly have some different definitions associated to them. I would say it like that:

• Awareness is aware of consciousness inside it. Witness to consciousness = awareness of consciousness.
  • The mind is inside consciousness, so consciousness is conscious of the mind inside it. 

Thank you.

Edited by AleksM

so witness to being aware of consciousness and witness to consciousness are same just worded differently?......iow,are wtness to being aware of consciousness, and witness to consciousness, one and the same?...it sort of seems that being a witness to consciousness is more direct..or am I in my head again.lol

@mrhognuts Being=consciousness. Awareness is beyond consciousness. Witness=awareness. So it is simply awareness of consciousness. Consciousness has different layers, for example subconscious, preconscious, subliminal conscious, super conscious. I have made a post about it in the past about it, will post it here after I get on the PC. Awareness permeates all dimensions of existence.

The witness position is still dualistic. But you need it to establish the primacy of consciousness. Then, just be this spacious awareness.

@mrhognuts Correcting myself here first.

I said : 

The mind is inside consciousness, so consciousness is conscious of the mind inside it. 

Now I would say it like that. The mind and body is inside consciousness. Consciousness is conscious only of it's experience, it is not conscious of the content of experience. . Consciousness is only conscious of it's experience, it knows only consciousness, that is knowing. Awareness is aware of the content of consciousness and the totality of it which is experience. Content of consciousness being the mind, which is a spaceline and a timeline. 

So only awareness is aware of the content - mind, body.

Self-awareness is the quality of consciousness. Self-awareness = mind-awareness + body-awareness.  

Here  is the post I mentioned above.