Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Milos Uzelac

Reacting To Intense Sensations During Meditation

1 post in this topic

I sensed after I meditated now that Im not letting the supressed feeling of hate and sorrow come up in my awareness. I found out that lotus position mindfulness meditation with labelling really unsurfaces the mess inside that Im suppressing. The intense discomfort and suppresed emotions are much more promnient and surface up faster and are longer present when I meditate in this fashion. Im struggling to once they surface up labell them all and let them be present in my awareness without grining my face and starting to weep and get angry and sweep my arms in discomfort.

In couple of instances I felt that they were happening in an empty space but once the insight ceased I reacted at sorrow and started shaking and weeping a few minutes later. Im struggling with the threshold of letting the intensity be without reacting to it. Do I expand and prolong the awareness by repeating this daily and how do I let the intensity be without reacting to it and get myself caught yelling and weeping by my father or someone else (Il have to meditate then when Im alone).

Pardon for writing in this manner I just wanted to communicate this immediatly after the meditation. Thank you for reading this.

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks