Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Laputan Machine

I Suspect That I Have Tourette's

4 posts in this topic

I have no medical background so I wouldn't dare declare that tourette's syndrome is what I have but ever since I began meditating and self-actualizing, I've started having these moments where I just say absolutely random shit that I have no control over. This used to be a problem in the past but I never payed much mind to it and now it begins to really bug me because lately, the things that have been coming out of my mouth have been really offensive and grim, to the point of legitimately stressing me out and making me feel very demoralized. Very often it's been something about suicide and I've never had the urge or impulse to kill myself, at least I don't think I did. Another weird factor is that this never happens around other people, only when I think I'm alone. It's like a rising urge that I can control around other people without effort but when I'm alone, it's absolutely undetectable. Is this a normal thing to experience and if so, how do I deal with that?

I have a friend with Tourette's. He had ticks and no doctor could determine what his illness is. So he went to bigger city, did DNA tests and it turns out he has Tourette's. Now he has a right prescription, takes drugs and has no ticks.

So the solution is simple, if you think you have some illness then go to some doctor. If he says that you are well, but that doesn't convince you then you should go and take some DNA tests, these will tell you a truth.

@Girzo  yeah, no point asking people around here. i guess all i needed is a call to action, will try to figure out what's what in the near future

you can let it go as long as it doesn't bother you, and try to not tag or label anything of yourself especially diseases. I have very serious  tourettss and ADHD for all my life, it bother me to focus on anything but meditation seems reduce the symptom, when you have those compulsive thoughts just relax and let it go, i know sometime is very hard and so uncomfortable, even it cause me to be exhausted  sometime, but you have to work with it.