Boss

How to have energy and focus?

27 posts in this topic

Hey, if you have trouble keeping your mind on work or focusing, I discovered this idea according to which you should set a goal for your work-day and then do 25 mins of intense work, 5 mins break, repeat 3 times, take a 30-45 min break, and then repeat the whole process until you feel you.ve done enough. It.s called the pomodoro technique, you should check it out.

I tried it for a week or so, did an experiment, and it helped so far, so you can also look into it if you think it can help,

cheers :)

On 2/7/2016 at 11:27 AM, Boss said:

Thanks for the heads up with anemia defiantly dont want that but I may already have it lol anyway to check without a doctor?

Well, you could try going to a blood bank. They'll check your iron level, blood pressure and so on (well, I suppose that depends on where exactly you live, but if it's a responsible one, they will do that).

On 2/7/2016 at 11:05 AM, Boss said:

I am just wondering what did you guys do to have the energy/focus to work all day?

Eat well, that's pretty much the most important thing. Get some multi-vitamins, if you can afford them; try to catch some sunlight and time outside as often as the weather and your surrounding allows

Regular exercise is also fairly important - while walking for 1-2 hours a week isn't bad, I'd suggest slowly building up to do more - if you can get up to doing half an hour (at least) every day, then great!

I'm not sure caffeine is any kind of a solution. I know for myself, when I'm having an off-day for whatever reason, no amount of coffee-guzzling will get me up to normal, and although I usually have some coffee in the morning, I don't feel any worse off on days where I don't have any coffee (or any other caffeine source) at all.

One thing that keeps me energised enough to work all day is the very simple fact that I spent about half a year being unemployed a few years ago- and that was so very sucky, the fear of going back to that keeps me very thoroughly motivated. While economically, it wasn't that bad (unemployment support here is fairly generous), mentally/spiritually it was terribly draining (the feeling of "I'm unemployable and useless" set in fairly quickly after a series of job application rejections) - not the greatest motivator, of course, but at least it's something.

It does help that I found a job that I love, of course.

On 2/17/2016 at 1:09 AM, thortho said:

Well, you could try going to a blood bank. They'll check your iron level, blood pressure and so on (well, I suppose that depends on where exactly you live, but if it's a responsible one, they will do that).

Do you have to donate blood or can u just do the iron level test then leave? I know they need blood for the iron test but thats a little. I am taking about large amounts as I dont think I wanna put my body through that in this deficient state 

As per my opinion, you are tired because of your negative thinking. It's like the circe of devil. You feel tired because your meals and life is poorly. You feel negative and tired from your lifestyle. Here you think you found the solution but you can't afford it, so that makes you sad and feel that you can't get out from your situation. At the same time you would like fix your money problems but you can not find the energy for it.
I will say, you can afford the healthier food. Maybe not bio, and super healthy stuff, but I can tell that looking into your finances, moving around 1-2 bits you can improve your lifestyle on a level what would allow you better food. After you took the firs step you will see that your energy level will raise simply from therapy and good feelings. Then we can look into that with your situation all in one you can start to look for certain jobs and possibilities to raise your income. sooner or later you will be able to afford all kinds of foods or blood examples.
If you need any help with the above stated things, please do not hesitate to message me, I Did this for plenty of people and I would be more than happy to help you find the root of the situation. It would not cost a penny but could change your situation.

4 hours ago, Boss said:

Do you have to donate blood or can u just do the iron level test then leave? I know they need blood for the iron test but thats a little. I am taking about large amounts as I dont think I wanna put my body through that in this deficient state 

I don't know how the rules are where you live (because I don't know where you live), but in both Iceland and Norway, the very first time they just take a few small samples, both to check for stuff like iron levels as well as screen for various diseases. I'd imagine it's similar elsewhere; if your blood iron is too low, they won't (or shouldn't) let you donate. If the iron (and blood pressure etc.) is okay, then I suppose it's a possibility that they'd let you give.

They don't take very much (at least not where I've been), just half a litre (500 ml or about 1 pint). Speaking personally, I've always felt a little refreshed afterwards - a bit like oil change in a car, I imagine.

On 2/9/2016 at 6:11 PM, Boss said:

Great advice as this really relates to me. Right now my position is not having energy and my mind is thinking its because im just physically not able too. When I look at it through a mental perspective I am stuck, sick and need a expensive blood test that will cost me 5 months of work to afford to see if I really am sick. What if the blood test says im physically fine? I would have just wasted my money/time I could have used on something else. This may be whats making me tired because subconsciously I really dont want to work because of that possible scenario of me working for nothing. My mind might be getting tired on purpose to prevent wasted energy. Sigh I am getting tired just thinking of this.  

On 2/9/2016 at 6:30 PM, NariusV said:

One thing you can do to boost energy that can also help with some blood issues is breathing deeply.  Deep abdominal breathing. If you're healthy you can try some yoga breaths like the 'skull shining breath' that can boost your energy very quickly. I have experimented with these for a while, including using breathwork to help stay aware and awake for several days a time when I was younger. These can give you a way to push through slumps of energy that you could not otherwise do, inducing clarity of mind, or physical strength, even during periods of extreme fatigue.

Something to be aware of is that using these breathing exercises can trigger headaches or sweating, etc. due to direclty changing your own bodies functioning. This can be used to your advantage, but can take some period of adjustment. Be careful and good luck :) 

When your body is injured, particularly from emotional abuse it induces a PTSD. All injury or sickness appears to increase acidity in the body. The breathing can be used to alter this situation. If you'll notice you may not breath deeply or much at all compared to what you need for your body to heal itself. It's the process of dying basically. So, more rapid and complete breathing lowers this acidity of the body by expelling more CO2. So, slow controlled breathing to allow transfer of the by-product CO2 out of the bloodstream via the capillaries in the lungs and simultaneously allowing O2 back into the blood will help a lot and this is exercising your core muscles and diaphragm through isometric types of exercise. This is of course done during meditation. But you can focus on breathing while doing many things.

Drinking lots of water helps out lots. @Boss , I hope you are getting benefit from the food. I left out eggs as I was trying to give you things that aren't so perishable. But they do give lots of nutrients. Red meat gives lots of iron also, but is more expensive and perishable. But like has been mentioned, a multivitamin works great. And drink water morning and evening if you can't do it during the day and have water with meals to build the habit.

7 hours ago, Boss said:

And know that the more time you spend around western medicine the more you will think you have problems. It's by design. It's a business designed to keep you coming back. Try the food, do the breathing, and find a friend to talk to but don't talk about how bad you feel. Be creative, ask them to tell you a story. Use it to "change the topic" in your head. Walk an hour each day. Keep these tactics in a journal and look at it from time to time. These habits will become your life and it will improve. As it does you can make improvements. And when those bring you down again you'll have that journal to remember what was working for you. Observe yourself each day to begin "knowing yourself".

Opportunities will present themselves once you take care of you!