Santiago

Hitting On A Girl That Is In My Studying Group

3 posts in this topic

So Im in university, and in one subject we have to form groups of 4 and do a semi-big project that ends in december.

I had nobody to do group with because my friends are doing other subjects and so I posted on the university forum that I was seeking for group, then this girl came and she told me they were 3 and needed 1 more, and now I'm in.

So, this people have known each other for a very very long time and they are "like brothers" as they have told me, so I'm the new one in the group and this girl has been giving me a vibe that she is into me... and I also have the feeling that the guys are trying to create a sexual vibe between us... which could be true since they are like brothers, they have girlfriends(the 2 guys), and she is shy and single.

First of all, last semester I was doing a subject and this girl was in the classes and she looked at me a couple times and I thought that she liked me at the moment, because of the way that she looked.. secondly, when she added me on the whatsapp group she told me that the last semester I was doing the same subject as her, so she knew beforehand who I was just by looking at my name on the university forum.. or maybe stalking on fb.  She also sent me a facebook request which was totally unnecessary since we communicate via whatsapp with the group..

So we then decide to set up a meeting to study and we find out that she lives in front of my apartment(somehow we never met on the street)... then one of the guys starts joking and saying that I spy her with binoculars... and he is very persistent with this joke until now haha.

Today was the meeting and a lot of times the guys were twisting her words or my words to make it seem that I am spying her or that she is asking me about my dick size, etc. So yeah I am getting a feeling that they are trying to bring sexual conversation up between me and her, which is great btw, because she is very pretty.
Who knows.. maybe since they are like brothers she just told them that she liked me and they are trying to help, maybe I am thinking way too much too.

Now the question: how should I approach this scenario?

My idea is to just keep the sexual jokes, make eye contact, physical contact when possible... but I am not sure about what should I do next..

waiting  a little bit more, see how things are going, and then inviting her out 1 on 1? that's too straight forward but it could be an option.. I wouldn't be too comfortable if she declines tho... because we need to keep meeting and working together.. but definitely an option.

3 hours ago, Mad Max said:

A good rule of thumb is: don't shit where you eat. I'd wait until the project is over and done, and keep it platonic until then.

If you really can't keep it in your pants, make your move now. Don't wait. You're a man. Go for what you want, and be unapologetic about it. There is no need to hide if she declines. A man shouldn't be ashamed of his sexuality.

However, if she keeps on making sexual inuendos after declining (same goes for her friends), promptly ignore them. You are not to be led around for attention. You're a man, not a butler. Make sure she/they get the message.

Good luck.

Thanks for the words!

I just wanted to note that she didn't make any sexual inuendos, she just looks at me and added me on fb, she seems to be very shy, when I look at her eyes she holds for only 1 sec sometimes, specially the first time we met, now not so much anymore. It is her friends making sexual jokes including me and her.

You're being very logical about this. You like her? Think it's a good idea to get to know her? Talk to her. You can just delay the decision and that could be the right thing if you really don't know but you can also see what your intuition is saying and just go with that. Just don't procrastinate on other stuff thinking about this.

Also you don't need to really care what they or she thinks of you. You said you wouldn't be too comfortable if she declines, but if you ask her out from an authentic place there's nothing you need to be ashamed of however it goes. Even though it would be nicer some way it doesn't really matter how it turns out.

Regarding relationships and stuff I wouldn't analyze and justify things so much, but perhaps it needs to be done at some point to learn until it comes naturally.