Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
No-Thing

Spiritual Teachers And Psychopaths

2 posts in this topic

I just wanted to share this topic to raise awareness about the idea that some psychopaths like to use spirituality as their masquerade to exploit and potentially abuse people.

Here is a book I found about this topic: http://www.buddhistische-gesellschaft-berlin.de/downloads/saints-and-psychopaths.pdf

Read the first couple of pages or the excerpt I shared if you are interested. Don't spend much time on this topic. Notice it and move on.

Most of you are probably at a stage where it is quite impossible for a psychopath to manipulate you. But maybe for some new souls it could be a risk.

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 16.02.44.png

This is why I like to meet people in person.  Great article.  When I meet someone in person I can sense pretty quickly what they are about. Lack of empathy is a red-flag, although be careful with rushing to judgment.  Another red-flag is feeling like the person is trying to manipulate you or control you.  Motive is key.  Why is the person involved in spirituality in the first place and why are they teaching it?

Edited by Joseph Maynor