zakur0

Meditation And Musicians.

4 posts in this topic

Any musicians here? Would be great to hear how meditation affected (or did not) your 'relationship with muse' and process of songwriting in general.

In my case it helps a lot. Good 30+ min meditation and ideas appear way faster and of better 'quality'.

I've tried mixing it. I set the metronome low, to like 30, tempo 1/2, and use the ticks to focus on breathing. Just breathe in, breathe out. 
Then I try to let my ideas come from a non conscious place.

You can also practice your tone, by playing very little notes and just listening carefully. :)

:ph34r:

Improve my quality of practising was one of the main reasons why I started meditation. ;)

I've got no problems with coming around with new ideas for songs but maybe this got also improved by my daily practise. Sitting in front of the keyboard and practising was really hard for me because after only a few minutes my mind begun to wander (I felt like I got ADHD or something like this). This was really improved ....

The improved focus and discipline are worth alone. And I don't even want to mention the value of the greatly improved awareness, being able to surrender to the flow and being able to catch the music in the phase, instead of thinking it...... Such a profound abstract experience.

Meditation boosts it all.

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"