Will

Tantilizingly Out Of Reach.!!

29 posts in this topic

@S33K3R  I prefer not to form an absolute concept conclusion about things and I myself have in the past thought of the ego as being solely in the past and future until from sustained observation I realized there is a significant emphasis on the present in it's natural function. Even though the ego uses the past to predict a future for us to be prepared for it I became intimately aware of how present it needs to be to deliver the information in all the multidimensional perceptional qualities of a virtual reality to our mind that it does.

I think what I am suppose to have done in this situation is to

• acknowledge the thing that presented itself
  • acknowledge my feelings about it
  • exist within that  and let it be.........just soak in that...... for however long

I think my mistake was judging it to be not obtainable or not in my direct experience..

because that lead to actions that compelled me to push it away and deny it, get rid of its presence..

thoughts??

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

Attempting to force something out of our mind

not sure I understand this..

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

envision yourself as already possessing this desired thing

I think I try this by just appreciating the thing I have and my experiences and anything I am interested in.. not sure how to pretend I have something.. its not really being in the moment..

not sure im comfortable pretending I have something when in the moment its just not there.. only thing is there is the feeling of liking that thing..

I get how tricking your brain works just not sure how delusional that is.. sounds like a trick the ego uses to pretend its desires are more important than the universal will working through me??

Great convo though, enjoying this discussion..

Thanx

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

I prefer not to form an absolute concept conclusion about things and I myself have in the past thought of the ego as being solely in the past and future until from sustained observation I realized there is a significant emphasis on the present in it's natural function. Even though the ego uses the past to predict a future for us to be prepared for it I became intimately aware of how present it needs to be to deliver the information in all the multidimensional perceptional qualities of a virtual reality to our mind that it does.

im not sure I understood any of this.. :(  ill reread a couple of times an see what I can eek out..

are you able to rephrase?? I like examples and stories..

:)

1 minute ago, Will said:

not sure I understand this

Well, just in resistance to the mind and what it does, even in trying to still it, or cease desire. It's like asking us to stop the flow of the infinite source of being in us. Just let it be.

7 minutes ago, Will said:

I think I try this by just appreciating the thing I have and my experiences and anything I am interested in.. not sure how to pretend I have something.. its not really being in the moment

I understand why you would interpret my words that way and I agree on some level of the temporal moment things are in a state of flux with us experiencing waxing and waning of the manifest so who even really knows if we 'have' anything anyway but in the mind we can realize our fulfillment every step of the way in the moment.

It's not about pretending anything although once one has the experience of being fulfilled in consciousness the cycle of desire and satiation of the mind can be recognized for what it is. The 'thing' we supposedly need and don't have won't effect how contented we are so when monkey mind ego flashes in the mind of me wanting I am experoience being fulfilled regardless.

Or something.....

4 minutes ago, SOUL said:

just in resistance to the mind and what it does

Yes I get this.. Its just that sometimes I cant see its in my mind it really seems real..it comes over you so quickly and with emotion that it kinda blind sides you..

I think the key is practice watching the the thoughts and emotions that arise from situations and just trying to stay aware of the difference between the two..

7 minutes ago, SOUL said:

who even really knows if we 'have' anything anyway

Yes I agree with this ..

8 minutes ago, SOUL said:

but in the mind we can realize our fulfillment every step of the way in the moment.

Maybe an example might help to clarify this?? Im interested on this point but cant seem to synchronise with it... ??

10 minutes ago, SOUL said:

It's not about pretending anything although once one has the experience of being fulfilled in consciousness

I think I more identify with being forfilled.. I can easily see that I don't need the object or experience in that exact moment.. I just need to really appreciate just the thought and feeling of that said experience.. Surely this should be enough..

I think so many think that if they say to themselves 1000 times I am rich. they will get it..

Im more along the lines of if you embody the ideas and experience of being rich then you've already arrived.. and hence it will probably manifest eventually anyways..

Is this what you mean??

I guess the trick is how to embody desired feelings and experiences without identifying with them...

great discussion.. :)

13 minutes ago, Will said:

Is this what you mean??

It's a simple conscious axiom of that my fulfillment in life is not dependent on or measured with what appears in the manifest.