Progress

The Charity That Should Be You

3 posts in this topic

[The Charity of life and yourself] In a few of my posts I have directly or indirectly referenced letting go of the results and doing what you want to do regardless- not to deny the possible results but to do it despite it(Ignoring the outcome but not the choices of outcome in another view). I've beginning to piece together this mystery of how letting go and enjoying actually reaps more rewards than hoarding them. I suppose it is like scattering fruit. What you sow you reap, What you hord, eventually rots.

So in theory can't you do this with your life and therefore reap the absolute most of from it. Of course!! Of course you can! If you do everything in a form of charity, what do you care about the results? If you get a few gems, great; If not, then it was a fun gamble while you did it. Not all the most charitable people are poor and happy, Some quite rich and happy.

Reading through Steve Job's biography it became very apparent how charitable he was. Not in the donation sense but of his time, passion, and even pay. When he returned to Apple, He took a 1$ salary for quite awhile before Apple offered him to become reinstated as chairman. He never spent much of his money despite hoarding it. In fact he wanted to tear down his Spanish mansion to build a simple home. He put his money where his mouth was about creating amazing things above monetary desires. He ruthlessly drilled and directed all the miniscule details of his products, his art. No  Money nevertheless became a byproduct of his art, a massive byproduct.

The only people who fear failing in the big world or not having a "real job" are the ones obsessed about their own hide. The most selfish of selfish. This is the 21st century, For god sake even the homeless can access libraries and the whole world's knowledge at a fingertips. "But what if I go bankrupt?" Have you even cracked open a book about how money even fucking works? Have you considered testing the market first to see if anyone even wants it? What about I don't know, Not drinking starbucks everyday and using that as an emergency fund. Of course you're going to go bankrupt with that incompetent and unresourceful bullshit. Look for something beyond your own hide...and ignorance.

In this day and age, there are even better ways to donate than to donate itself. Why write a check to some scam charity when you know a company is putting their money where their mouth is? Has any fool considered making stocks a charity rather than business? This does not mean you throw your money at any "honorable company", even in charities, you'll want your money's worth! Stocks can be seen as a charity to the economy, to a movement you believe in and a way to give back to the world.  After All companies are the ones providing innovations, jobs, conveniences, and even charities to humanity aren't they not? Much more than charities can ever. Better yet, even if you lose all your stocks, It was your charity, No longer about you, it was entrusted to another to fulfill your belief in them. Even then, the fact that you consider your stocks a charity means when everyone is selling theirs in a turmoil; You have right mentality to wait for the return of the stock price. Afterall it was a donation not a transaction!

I believe if we just approach life without any qualms about the end results, Life and even the results will just come naturally. Our investment in a business doesn't become a egocentric survival machine but perhaps instead a crazed obsessed demon vomiting out innovation.(It's better than I made it sound!) Perhaps if we didn't worry about the horrors of public speaking, we would find we have an innate obsession to plunge our opinions down everyone's throat. Without our fear to socially survive, You wouldn't have gotten that college debt and instead traveled around the globe. You would've given heart and time to your interests, even if just a bit more. Perhaps to your loved ones, How long do you have with them? To life? What time do you give yourself to do life?

8dbd43685e2bd7bd54300d70d645db76.jpg

Don't go to the extreme side of letting go of the results.

@HikiNEET Its not so simple. If you treated it like a donation to a charity, you've already let go of it being to your benefit and instead towards something greater. You do research and keep update in the same way you don't want a wasted donation.