Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conceptualized Self

"what Is Truth?"

2 posts in this topic

Today afternoon, I had a with my colleague about truth and how we going to grasp it.

The conversation is something like below:

Me: Is there a one and only Truth? There are so many religions in the world, why teaching of different religions seems to contradicts with each other?

Him: There is only one Truth. Different religions talk about it differently because all humans (including those enlightened) have different nature and comes from different culture. One type is gentle type that likes to help people by preach and hint them about the Truth. Another type is action oriented type that likes to help people by giving them materials that they need. Last type is passive type that only helps people only when the peoples approach them.

Me: If there is one single Truth, why the behavior of every enlightened people seems to be different after enlightened?

Him: Truth is literally Nothing, which is the source of everything which comes in many flavors.

Me: If it is Nothing, does this means that enlightened persons is kind of like a empty glass that have no feeling?

Him: No, Enlightened people is omnipotent, he can do whatever he wants. God is Everything.

Me: Our foods are Gods? That means we cannot eat vegetables and meats?

Him: God eat God.

Me: How we know if any person is enlightened? (After that some thoughts arising in my mind. "What matters me the most? Whether the person is enlightened or whether the person help me in my truth-seeking process?")

Him: You cannot know the answer by asking any person. You need to ask yourself.

Me: What if enlightenment is just a concept and we can never understand the Truth? (Some thoughts arising again. "This might be an ego trap of mine to prevent me from start the seeking")

Him: Truth cannot be understood. You need to ask yourself.

During the conversation, I noticed that I have a lot of black and white thinking. Are all these ego traps that prevents us from the realization?

Am I doing mental masturbation and just going round and round in circle to find a truth that is non-existent? Or am I under progress to the Truth? I not sure.

Btw, I just started my meditation today morning. I listened to all Leo's video about enlightenment and meditation since about half a year ago and all of them seems to point to a single Truth which seems plausible to me now, though I still have doubts on it but I decided to start my meditation. I hopes that I can make it a habit.

Edited by Conceptualized Self

Conceptualizing about Truth can help you to motivate your illusory self to keep on looking for it. But eventually you have to see/feel/experience it, not just understand it logically.

You can't say Truth is nothing, because for there to be nothing there has to be something. Truth is both nothing and something.

I also don't agree that an enlightened person is omnipotent. Yes God is omnipotent and enlightenment is the deep realization that they are God themselves--as is everyone and everything. But to be in this dualistic mirage their persona has to play by the rules of duality. A single player in this Universe can't change the grand scheme of God by playing God himself, because that would destroy the game. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)