Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabriel Antonio

150 Min/day Do Nothing For 10 Days

8 posts in this topic

___________________________________________________________________________________________

BACKGROUND

Prior Meditation Practice

I meditated 4 hours a day for about 6 months (Oct 2016 - April 2017). This practice helped me rejuvenate, go back to my natural body shape, and practice hardcore comfort zone challenges.

Hiatus

However, I completely stopped practicing the do-nothing technique about a month ago, after a huge insight at an ayahuasca cermony--to focus heavily on overcoming shyness. Furthermore, I got very inspired by evangelical churches. In essence, I was both socializing and praying a lot. This worked pretty well, but now I feel an inner drive to turn inwards. Why? I feel like I have become totally part of the herd. The more I seek these outter desires, the less fulfilled I feel.

New Chapter of My Life - New Journal

I have another journal here on this forum ("Letting God Work Itself Through Me), which I don't feel like updating--because I feel like I am in a new chapter of my journey. This journal right here is to help me stay motivated to meditate, which is very easy to slack off. 

I feel like investing more time in contemplating life, having the courage to be with myself, and watching myself transform in this process of self-observation.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

PRE-TOTEM 

What could go wrong?

- "I am wasting my time being alone. I have got to socialize more!!!" 

- Go to an ayahuasca ceremony (which takes place from 9:00 PM - 5:00 AM) and don't meditate the next day due to tiredness. 

- Think my situation is getting worse. (Reminder to myself: Expect your situation to get worse & thoughts of self-doubt)

- Get influenced by what other people say about me. ("Oh, you're ignoring me", "You're acting all weird.", "What happened to you?")

- Start focusing on other habits. (Reminder to myself: Just fucking focus on the meditation, and the rest will take care of itself.) 

GUIDELINES

- Meditate sitting on a chair (or crosslegged) with my spine upright. 

- Can be indoors or outdoors 

- External sounds produced only by third parties (i.e., go to the quiestest place possible) 

Day 1 (6-6-2017)

Total: 150 minutes (as of 11:20 PM)

Level of difficulty: Easy

3 Thoughts/Insights: 

> It's ok to think anything you want. 

> It is almost impossible to engage in unhealthy behaviors (e.g., binge) if you have meditated a lot during the day.  

> Always remember to relax your face. 

Day 2 (6-7-2017)

Total: 250 minutes (as of 11:18 PM)

Level of difficulty: Easy

3 Thoughts/Insights: 

> I feel like meditating for longer periods. 4 hours is ideal. I feel like I have only had enough of formal meditation when I stop thinking about it. If I keep thinking, "Oh, man... I wish I could be meditating right now." Then, it is a sign to meditate more.

> Turning inwards is not as painful as it may seem. No matter the situation, meditation is always here to alleviate what you're going through.

> It is quite sad to see myself engaging in unhealthy behaviors (e.g., overeating, depressive moods etc.). However, I recognize that I need to have patience with myself. And keep practicing!

I have been feeling a deep bitterness towards other people. Hyper-annoyance.

Both my mom and my sister have said, "You're weird!" Also, a friend thinks sent me a message like, "Get out of the shadow. Go back to the light."

I have become conscious of how needy our society has become. It is liberating yet challenging to extricate myself from this quagmire.

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

Day 3 (6-8-2017)

Total: 255 minutes

Level of difficulty: Medium

3 Thoughts/Insights: 

> I am able to digest all the info I am bombarded daily when I meditate.

> It is a real challenge to be a hardcore meditator. But I do think it is possible to find time to do so. We only have to strategize in order to pull off lots of hours of meditation.

> I had a deep natural urge to meditate today. I was with a friend, and I was thinking, "Man, I can't wait to contemplate life in my meditation."  I have been craving for my solo times.

Day 4 (6-9-2017)

Total: 240 minutes

3 Thoughts/Insights

> Everything we do is an attempt for us to feel well. That's the ultimate result we want. To feel well.

> At some point, unwanted behaviors simply lose their pull over us if we are flexing our awareness muscle daily. "Eating a double cheeseburger? Why would I do that?" The key point is to always observe yourself, and change will pour in.

> I like to set "interval bells" for every 10 minutes so that if I am about to stop the meditation prematurely, I tell myself, "Ok, let me wait until the next bell rings."

Day 4 (6-10-2017)

Total: 150 minutes

Level of difficulty: Hard

3 Thoughts/Insights

> I feel like I am fooling myself into meditating for so long. Maybe I should focus on more basic things...

> I want moments of true and enjoyable solitude. Lately, my meditations have been like hell. And this is not a good thing. Instead of me going out and see people, I isolate myself. Needless suffering...

> I have realized that I have an extremely pro-active part and an extremely lethargic part. The goal is to integrate them.

Day 4 (6-11-2017)

3 Thoughts/Insights: 

> The problem is not that people or your ego dislike you, the problem is that you care too much.

> Notice how much your mind exaggerates how "unpleasant" meditation is. The only times that I don't like to meditate is when I am not meditating.

> Breathing is everything. Correct your breath, and you will experience life more deeply.

Day 5 (7-12-2017)

Level of difficulty: Medium (6/10)

3 Thoughts/Insights

> You cannot hide nor lie to yourself for long enough in meditation. That's why it works.

> I am nailing meditation. Question is: Is it becoming a mental masturbation?

> Focus on one thing and forget the rest.