Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annie

Adhd In Adults

3 posts in this topic

Someone very close to me has been diagnosed with ADHD. I'd like to help by understanding him better, how he thinks. Does anyone here have it, too and could give me some insights? Thank you!

@Annie ADHD (Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder) can be understood in this aspect. Most of the time, there is nothing wrong with their cognition (thinking); they just have difficulties with attention and being still simply put. The "Hyperactivity" portion of the disorder just means that they tend to have a hard time being stagnate. Impaired attention can cause a cascade of unfavorable actions; they may have difficulty focusing on important task and tend to make mistakes do to their lack of attentiveness, in turn, causing some to become irritable or anxious as a result. Understanding the disorder is the key to learning and navigating around their behavior.

www.hersandhislove.com

@sheenp24 I don't look at him like there's something "wrong", just different. :) Is there any way that I could help him? To focus better? Should I just ignore the fact he starts a billion things but rarely follows through on one and becomes frustrated sometimes? If he procrastinates shall I just take some tasks off of him and into my own hands? I'd like to make things easier for him without him becoming so annoyed at me for reminding him to do certain important things (deadlines, etc.). Is there anything I can do?! I don't like to just "sit and watch", I would like to help him.