lukmi

How To Archive Things I've Learned (note-taking)

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I currently think about how I can save things that I learned forever. I realized that I forget things quite rapidly. I am in college and most of the Math from last semester is tough to calculate and also remember although it wasn't that hard when I learned it back then.

When I got into college, last semester, I started taking notes by writing them on paper in seminars and when I'm home I typed them into my computer using LaTeX. But I found it takes a lot of time to format everything.
So I quit it and started just reviewing my hand-written notes and trashing them when I fathomed everything. Now that didn't work the way I wanted to either as I lost most of the knowledge that I gathered.

As of shortly, I'm back to LaTeX but it still takes forever to format those notes.
I would like to find a way to rework my notes and archive them for later reference and reviewing. So that my knowledge is never lost. I envision going back to these notes in the future when I need them and therefore being almost as competent in these subjects like I was when I studied them in college.
Maybe you can help me with that telling me what tool or technique you use.

I attach one of these reworked documents and it's source code so you can get an idea of what I mean by all this. (The TEX-file is a TXT-file because of upload restrictions.)

Kind regards,
lukmi

functions.txt

Functions.pdf

Edited by lukmi

One option that I just found through research is Pandoc.

Thanks for your answer,

yeah I know Vim. Actually I revolved my whole work flow around it. :)

Unicode might really solve this problem. But don't you think one-dimensional formulas like these look somewhat confusing?

And how do you do infinite sums?

∑(i) from i=1 to ∞?

Great ideas!

I think i'll just write ∫_0^2π f(x) dx

37 minutes ago, Captain Flint said:

2 hours ago, lukmi said:

Yeah I know Vim. Actually I revolved my whole work flow around it.

At long last finally someone understands my excitement about Vim  ^__^

Do you know i3, Vimium, Vimperator and Wasavi? You can Vimify a lot!