Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabriel Antonio

Honesty And Positivity

3 posts in this topic

Isn't it better if we focus on what we're doing right instead of having the need to nitpick all the uncomfortable truths that arise in ourselves? For example, what is the point of telling to people negative aspects of myself or them? What is the point of saying, "I am bored in this conversation"? If a person were to have the intention of being radically honest all the time, he or she could get fixated on telling this truth. I speak from personal experience: it is much better to ignore the bad things and simply focus on what is going right. This way, we focus our energy into something more wholesome; we focus on the light that exists in each being.

Another example: if I see a negative aspect of a person, I can tell him or her that. Or, I turn my focus on what I like about him/er. For example, a sibling comes into the kitchen and she's got dark circles. I can either focus on that, or I can consciously decide to see what is actually good in her, like her hair for example. And say, "Your hair looks good today!"

I hope that made sense. =]

This is just my understanding of what he meant, but...

I think that being honest to yourself doesn't require you to cling to negative thoughts that come along, but to recognize them, see them for what they are, accept them and let them go. Of course commenting something negative about somebody just because your ego feels the need to do so isn't something i'd recommend. We don't need to blurt out everything 'we' think about something or somebody in order to be honest. Of course commenting negatively of somebody is inappropriate and will obviously damage or confuse your and his/her relationship. Give your energy to whatever you like doing or what is necessary, and be mindful of what's trying to distract you. And commenting somebody's hair or other traits in positive manner will probably make them happy so go for it ;) 

7 hours ago, Jani said:

And commenting somebody's hair or other traits in positive manner will probably make them happy so go for it ;) 

Thank you :)