BlueOak

The Logical way to find a Life Purpose.

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

For anyone who likes logically working through things. I found this little known gem very useful.

Edited by BlueOak

Posted (edited)

So the pros of this, I found, were a way to reflect on your values/priorities based on whether other life experiences are related to those values, in ways you might not have otherwise realized. Like he did, I found the value I was focusing on that I thought I was missing most (socializing), ranked quite low when linked to my other values.

The cons are, that it doesn't push your comfort zone. Which is a big deal when making plans, he does say that at the start to be fair. This is a way to reflect.

Every one of my favorite memories involved people being there to share in the experience, or better yet, helping create it, yet socializing is only somewhat linked to any other values/priorities I have. So this to me demonstrates the flaw of the method, in helping me push out of my comfort zone to create more socialization priorities. However, in seeing this in front of me, I noticed that too, so it did work inversely to show me how underdeveloped the social side of life has been.

Other than that, it reinforced what I already knew about myself.

Edited by BlueOak

It's wild watching a video like that, i can follow his line of bring and agree. I'm turning into such a modern hippie.

The major problem with personal inquires is that the truth or knowledge is relative to the methods used. It's very present in the social sciences, and makes it quite tiresome to find the most correct case of how it is.