Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
numbersinarow

FILD experience and potential advice

1 post in this topic

Intention technique and mantras basically just didn't work at all when it came to lucid dreaming so I decided to try FILD. On my first attempt I wasn't really getting the hang of it and couldn't succeed, but on my second FILD attempt (AKA a lucid dreaming technique relying on finger positioning and activity) it felt easier and I was able to pull it off. Now, you might be questioning this technique or thinking you'd rather do something else, especially if you have a bad case of insomnia and "don't want to have my fingers twitching on top of it" but the truth is that slight twitching could easily be occurring anyway, which, just like this technique, are unlikely to interfere with sleep, and if other techniques work, it's only because they were combined with FILD. For me, the fact that it works already on the second go makes it quite good.

But it seems that the lucid dreams from FILD are different. There was a spontaneous one years ago that creeped me out, but none of them had wrong-feeling reality-warping. For example, in one I changed the color of a flying object, but here it was different, I couldn't change anything external without the effect being only similar to what I wished for or random, but could change locations or fly. This method, similar to what I've heard, makes it so that you have a part of your psyche present which can turn you lucid during the dream. But funnily enough the alleged seamless transition didn't happen from not sleeping to sleeping, it happened when waking up. It felt like waking up in such a way that I completely seamlessly went from the dream to being in bed simply imagining the further contents of the dream. At least it's completely seamless compared to regularly waking up.

I think different techniques might be required during these dreams, unless I just got unlucky with this one.

I'll try focusing on the environment and looking for what the events in the dream are pointing to, instead of trying to change them. A part of this could potentially be looking at a wall in the environment, and trying to make a track come out of it which has what I desire on it, as opposed to trying to create a new dream environment/setting myself. Reality-warping commands that worked in previous lucid dreams simply don't seem to function in lucid dreams caused by FILD, or at least cause a random effect that is different from what you wanted but vaguely follows it's footsteps. Feel free to share some advice relating to this.