BojackHorseman

What will the future of art look like?

1 post in this topic

If most people start using AI to generate art. We've already seen examples of very realistic videos lately, so it's sure that 5-10 years from now, anyone will be able to create an AI movie with prompts.
I'm not asking for the value of this, if it's right or wrong.
Rather, considering this will certainly happen, and excluding people that make art for the fun of practicing the skill itself, how will the industries evolve if everyone can generate anything with just words?

Most mainstream movies for instance, are not that well written, so if you give the budget of a blockbuster to random people, they can probably do something remotely similar (I know even writing a random blockbuster takes skill, but you get the idea)

In a world where everyone can do this, what will happen? We will have thousands and thousands of movies each month. Then how does the "competition" work? How do you get seen?
This will be a blessing for people with great, out there ideas and style that cannot get their movies funded for example, but how will the rest not just be flooded with unimaginative copycats?

And who will want to watch what? How will the audience's needs change? On one hand this seem to call for originality to get noticed. On the other, we know that the audience doesn't want originality. I mean, obviously lots of people do, but also lots of people are just happy with Fast and Furious 36 or a bland Marvel movie.

Will the general audience continue to have need for those movies when everyone can produce them? Will the actors be what sets it appart? But then can't you just ask future AIs to scan your body and make you an actor? Some actors are not that good, plus you'll probably be able to "autotune" acting in a way at some point.

Sorry, lots of rambling, but I can't figure out how all of this will evolve, maybe some of you have ideas about it.

I've only used movies examples but this words for anything.

One famous french actor recently said in an interview : if I'm offered something absolutely mindblowing matching my tastes, but then suddenly, I learn it was just AI (he's using another example with aliens but it's clearly about AI), then I won't care anymore cause I want someone to connect with me (or something along those lines).
I understand, but also, that's still very "human" thinking. The childrens of our childrens growing up with AI might not care.

In fact, on some level, I don't care about the human behind what I consume. Of course, I connect on some level, even an abstract one, but also, I don't know most of the time who's behind the music I consume. At some point if I'm starting to like 3-4 albums or find the music really intriguing and special, I will lookup for ITWs or whatnot, but honestly, as a non-native english speaker, most of the time I don't even connect with the lyrics cause, I'm having trouble (maybe that's just me) listening to the music and understanding the words in another language (I can do that, but I often don't, cause I consume way too much music to stop and re-listen things a lot besides some exceptions. Also sometimes the words and flow are more easy to grasp and I get it right away but anyways. I usually don't connect with the lyrics that much, but rather with the instrumental/vocals)

This is all just my case, but I'm sure lots of people don't care who's behind their music. Sure, there are "stars", a lot, but also, some music would be listened even if the person behind it wouldn't appear (but maybe I'm wrong on this)