Yousif

judging someone or something for a malicious motive VS judging them for truth’s sake

1 post in this topic

I tell a lot of people, especially the people around me that I do not judge, 

but most people will think what I mean by that is that I don’t make a judgment in the sense that I wouldn’t judge hot water and say it’s hot or see a short person and wouldn’t call them short,

which is stupid I do make distinctions/ “judgements “ on things and people,

But when I say I don’t judge I mean I don’t care about the things you have done, I won’t give you a label, like if you’ve slept with 10,000 men I will not call you a whore or a slut which what I lot of people will call you, to me it’s sexual freedom ( unless you’re a real prostitute, then a whore is just a different job title you have, not a moral judgment )

I lot of people make the mistake of interpreting what a guru or spiritual guru means when they say give up judgement, they don’t mean don’t make a distinction between a good citizen/ criminal, and when I say criminal this is not a moral judgement, this is what you call people that don’t abide by society’s rules, and if you were spiritual and understand where they’re coming from, you would still put them in prison, but you wouldn’t demonize them because they’re literally a different aspect of god’s perfect design, only you’re unaware of that, if you judge or demonize anyone. 

another example would be if I call someone a fool or an idiot, mentally unstable, or ugly, 

I’m not being a bully here, I’m just describing certain qualities that a person may have, 

now there are real bullies that will tell you those things just to hurt your feelings, 

but for me if I ever say any of these things to someone, my intention is not to hurt them in any shape or form, my intention is for truth despite what it will do to your fragile ego and feelings.