Elliott
Member-
Content count
3,705 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Elliott
-
Elliott replied to ExploringReality's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
"RFK Jr. Confirms He Knows Nothing About Female Anatomy in Embarrassing Rant" "Somebody showed me a TikTok video of a pregnant woman at 8 months pregnant, an associate professor at Columbia University,” he said. “She was saying ‘F Trump’ and gobbling Tylenol with her baby in her placenta.” Given that it’s physically impossible for a “baby” to be inside a “placenta,” we assume he meant uterus." "The HHS Secretary also said he's working to “make the proof” to connect autism, Tylenol, and pregnancy" https://www.jezebel.com/rfk-jr-confirms-he-knows-nothing-about-female-anatomy-in-embarrassing-rant -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
"Isha Foundation "Sadhguru's Enlightenment in His Own Words" https://isha.sadhguru.org/en/wisdom/article/sadhguru-enlightenment-experience "It is my wish and my blessing this must happen to you. Whether you climb Mount Everest or not, whether you become the richest man on this planet or not, your experience of life on this planet should be pleasant. You must live blissfully and go. This much should happen to every human being. Everyone deserves it and everyone is capable of it." "But for the first time I did not know what is me and what is not me. What was me was spread all over the place. I thought this madness lasted for 5 to 10 minutes but when I came back to my normal way of being, four-and-a-half hours had passed. I was sitting right there, fully conscious, eyes open. I sat there at around 3:00 in the afternoon. It was 7:30 in the evening when I came out of it. For the first time in my adult life, tears were flowing to a point where my shirt was completely wet. I was someone who had never allowed a single teardrop to come out of my eyes. But now suddenly, tears were flowing to a point where my shirt became wet." -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
That's great, and if you show me an example of an enlightened person from his course I will apologize, Sadhguru claims he is enlightened. I actually like his public teachings, but since I've learned more about him personally I can barely stand him or listening to him. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
No Do you disagree with the Sadhguru supporters in this thread that repeatedly say Sadhgurus free public teachings lack depth? You seem to just keep looking past what I say my reservation is with Sadhguru. Spira puts his enlightenment teachings out up front for free, Sadhguru hides his supposed deep teachings behind a paywall: you don't see a difference between Spira and Sadhguru in this regard? I have no problem with spiritual teachers making money. I have no problem with Isha charging for yoga. I feel like you're assuming I mean something that I don't, I actually don't see any Sadhguru haters in this thread opposing what your argument centers on. -
Elliott replied to ExploringReality's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
New York Post Nobel Peace Prize winner Maria Corina Machado dedicates it to Trump 11 hours ago — “I dedicated this award to the Venezuelan people and President Trump because I believe that's absolutely fair,” Machado told The Post in an Europe is a MAGA lapdog now, trying to overthrow Venezuela for oil control. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
He sells guided meditations and books, but he doesn't hide his 'enlightenment sauce' behind a paywall. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
He sells stuff, but not enlightenment. I quit looking into Tolle, I don't mean it as an attack. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I'm just asking for a person, like a video of someone explaining something profound. No. They don't sell enlightenment. Even Sadhguru helps people, I like his teachings actually. I don't think their enlightenment is from spiritual experience. I'm skeptical about Tolle and Ramana being enlightened. I think you can grow from spiritual experiences. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
So, you would take time from enlightening people for environmentalism? I just don't think so. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I still say you're making a false dilemma, it's irrelevant how one becomes enlightened, what's relevant is if Sahdgurus method works, if it does, well awesome I apologize. Just show an example that it does though, because that's what it's sold as. I think spiritual enlightenment is fake. I believe in all the different radical spiritual experiences and agree with you about doing them safely, that's not the issue I have with this. -
Elliott replied to ExploringReality's topic in Society, Politics, Government, Environment, Current Events
I mean, Europe is letting him bomb civilians in international waters with absolutely zero recourse, the peace prize would be mild in comparison. It's a piece of metal, they're negotiating trade with him watching him murder civilians. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
"Sadhguru's retreats, particularly his flagship Inner Engineering program and the advanced Samyama retreat, claim to be technologies for inner well-being that can bring about a range of physical, mental, and spiritual benefits. The programs emphasize that participants can "engineer" their internal system—their body, mind, emotions, and energies—to function as they desire, rather than being at the mercy of external situations." "Profound inner transformation: Helping participants transcend the limitations of the body and mind. Heightened states of consciousness: Achieving deeper meditative experiences and higher states of awareness." "Experiencing the beyond: Serving as a gateway to subtler realms of experience and becoming more aware of what exists beyond the physical and psychological dimensions." "Scientific scrutiny: Some scientific studies have been conducted and promoted by the foundation to support the health benefits of its practices. However, other studies examining Inner Engineering have had mixed results, with some finding no significant difference between participants and a control group. " If a used car salesman sells you a car as a "mint luxury sports car", and it turns out to be a bit crappy, the car still 'helped' you, it kept you from walking, but he still conned you. Why do you think Leo took his course? To meditate? Sahdguru claims to be enlightened, leading others to this. If you can enlighten people, everyone on the planet will be an environmentalist. There would be no need for him to charge Leo just so he can plant trees. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Again, that's great. Does he make people enlightened, does he teach others how to do this teaching, If so, what need is there to hide it and charge for it? -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Sahdgurus teachings are absolutely beneficial to the world, don't get me wrong, I liked him for a long time, but that's not what is being discussed here, school teachers do great work too.... -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
I will be grateful if you show me that. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
If he would cure masses of people of this 'mental illness' that retards society, why would we need an environmental Sadhguru, everyone would be an environmentalist. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
He was circumcised, clear case of Autism... RFK Jr. Has 'linked' circumcision to autism now. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
He proclaims to have the cure for a widespread mental illness ----> take a mentally ill person, make them better. Everyone will flock to you, rinse and repeat, the world is saved, no need to steal money from Leo to plant trees in a forest to offset @Salvijus carbon footprint he creates making money to take Sahdgurus Kriya course. No. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
'Heal' some people, and make it out in the open. Everyone in the world will flock to you. You insinuated that I said he must be poor, a false dilemma you tried to make. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
This is a false dilemma fallacy. I didn't say sadhguru should be poor. If he can cure people it should be open-source and prolific. He's obviously a materialistic con-man. -
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
He's a millionaire, if he can cure mental illness why isn't he sharing it for free? -
Then for "coping" I would focus on your own life, improving your own life, and finding things you enjoy.
-
Elliott replied to Hojo's topic in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God
Anyone that claims to be enlightened and then proceeds to commence business to help people leave their "mental illness", is mentally ill. Sadghuru apparently needs to take his own Kriya course..... Sadghuru is a materialist, look at his personal life. -
Can you finish and pass with low effort? If so, do that and spend more energy on other things.
-
It's a cycle of sickness, the parents were brought up this way. The parents grew to be deviants, and now they're terrified of their deviance for their child so they teach the 'prevention' method they were taught. I've seen healthier forms of Christianity though. But this is what I have seen as the 'typical' American Christianity.
