PsychedelicEagle

Member
  • Content count

    697
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PsychedelicEagle

  1. I don't think face exercises are worth the time and effort. To me, it seems an instance of 'majoring in the minors'. There are likely better levers to attain facial improvements (e.g., gaining muscle mass in the body, which makes the face looks more muscular, wearing functional orthodontic appliances, improving (neck) posture, etc.). That said, I never tried doing these things for long enough to see if they actually wouldn't work. The fact that Andrew Huberman was marketing one of such chewing gums makes me think they're less likely to work πŸ˜‚
  2. Fuck! This is Mode One in action. Alan Roger Currie would be proud of you 🀝 Awesome. The important thing when this happens is to maintain your composure and not lean forward. Lean backward showing you take pride in your member. AKA the Indoor Olympics. You raised her attraction level by showing you had balls to do and say what you wanted. Cheers dude.
  3. QWERTY keyboards. Or regular keyboards. Split keyboards are so much more ergonomic.
  4. Sorry for the lack of clarity, I meant I corroborate.
  5. What if you do your own fade haircut?
  6. +1
  7. Fly to a warm country.
  8. Pets are good for the immune system and the gut microbiota. More impacful for children rather than adults, but still.
  9. I keep track of the quotes I find most impactful in my commonplace book. Here are some, on varied topics: "Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat him as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be" ~ Goethe "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." ~ Hippocrates "Yesterday's solutions are today's problems" ~ Unknown "The most emotionally difficult things to do are usually the ones which will give you the best results." ~ Leo Gura "The more readily one talks, the more full of shit one is." ~ Leo Gura "Self-esteem is the immune system of the mind" ~ Lee Pulos "Smartphone it's the same thing as a slot machine in your pocket" ~ Cal Newport "To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." ~ Ludwig Van Beethoven "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care." ~ Stephen R. Covey "Be who you are and say what you feel, cause those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Unknown "Your capacity to love is directly proportional to how big your identity is" ~ Leo Gura "You can only find courage when youre afraid" ~ Unknown
  10. New product idea: timed lock box with smoke detector. Just has to distinguish regular vs DMT smoke 🀣
  11. @Yimpa thanks, very insightful! How do you structure or prepare for your trips, usually? And, what types of psychedelics do you think were most significant for your awakenings for/breakthroughs? Cheers for achieving those gains πŸ’ͺ
  12. What process or techniques have you used along the path to reaching these levels of awakening? E.g., meditation, self-inquiry, etc. Could you please provide a comprehensive list?
  13. This is post is hard to read. I'd suggest you streamline it. What is your core point?
  14. I've always thought of myself as very well self-regulated while tripping, until I had some experiences that blew me away. If you do psychedelics long enough, eventually you will have trips that shake you out of normal behavior.
  15. I'd love to see new episodes touching base on the 9 Stages of Ego Development. I feel like we used and related to Spiral Dynamics quite a lot, but not many examples and references leveraged the other developmental model. Or, perhaps, the introduction of yet another developmental model. 😍 Also: more content on systems thinking. PS: Suggestions coming from personal bias as I explore more of Stage Yellow myself. πŸ’›
  16. Experientially, not much difference. Mentally I prefer without β€” once toothpaste is in my mouth I feel compelled to rinse everything out to avoid ingesting undesired stuff, which would ironically defeat the fluoride, if any, anyway. There's some mechanistic reason to think ingredients could have small systemic effects (oral microbiome seeds the gut) β€” see the Triclosan case. Current ingredients seem speculative and minor compared to diet, but still, who knows. I prefer to be conservative and expose my microbiota to as little artificial stuff as possible. Better safe than sorry.
  17. The Sun is controlling Earth. We gotta free ourselves from the Sun.
  18. Surfactants are helpful indeed, but shampoo often comes with so much extra and unnecessary chemical stuff. Also, I only soap a couple times per week. Most showers are bare water. Personal preference. Another thing to consider is the skin microbiota. Some soap makes the skin pH alkaline, which could mess up with the bacteria. Who knows, but I'm a frugal guy so I minimize soap usage
  19. One of the key insights related to the video OP posted is to realize that we ourselves create all meaning. We β€” humans β€” are meaning-making machines. Reality is meaningless in that it has no inherent meaning aside from the meaning we project ourselves. Realizing this frees you up to create any meaning you want β€” yet take it lightly. So your life now can not only have any meaning you want, but you're also able to let go of your created meanings when appropriate.
  20. It depends on hair level. For bald folks even once is conformist πŸ˜›
  21. I just use nothing. Brush the teeth as you normally would, without toothpaste. Ideally brush it 3x/day; also floss; and optional tongue scraper. I did some research and I realized there is not enough science to back the use of toothpaste. If you look deep, you'll see that the only thing that could justify toothpaste would be (i) fluoride and (ii) abrasive stuff β€” silica or calcium carbonate. (i) For people who develop caries, fluoride can help. I never had a carie in my life, meaning that my mouth is populated by bacteria unlikely to cause it. So probably I will never have one, despite not using fluoride. This is individual of course. Notice you don't need toothpaste to deliver fluoride into your mouth either. (ii) The evidence for abrasives in toothpaste is extremely weak. Some research showed no difference. And, notice there are risks with the abrasives, e.g., possibly wearing out dentin and enamel. Lastly, I go to the dentist every 6 months and they have reported nothing different in their assessment. Of course I don't tell them I'm not using toothpaste anymore, otherwise they'd be biased to find something.
  22. Would would be the best way to consume Ralston's and Wilber's work β€” books, website, what? Can someone please share links/references?