-
Content count
697 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by PsychedelicEagle
-
WOW that would be cool. Looking forward to meeting women whose biomarkers are so good that our first date is just comparing blood panels.
-
The phone is for setting dates. @Ulax that's exactly my claim — texting is not only ineffective, but a high-risk/low-reward strategy. Focusing on it will make you waste lots of time on something that barely has any chance in raising a girl's attraction level and lots of chances of ruining her attraction towards you. PS: You forgot to quote the continuation:
-
You are the average of the 5 people you most spend your time with. That said, it's possible to change your habits while in a "bad" environment, but expect 10x more effort. What you gotta do is to research, read, and build a super strong intuition and connection to the harms that vaping does to your body. Once you create this ontological network in your mind, and it becomes "deep" enough to start altering your behavior, you will automatically start rejecting vapes because you will feel bad by smoking it. This requires time and cognitive work. From this perspective, you simply keep vaping because you don't yet fully grasp how detrimental it is to your health and development.
-
All Bryan Johnson threads end up like this.
-
LOL
-
I remember reading it somewhere that sans is actually more readable on displays, while serif is best for printed content. Not sure whether it's true or the main reason. Serif conveys more seriousness indeed.
-
I have never drunk breast milk after growing up - yet.
-
I guess both would be OK, given consent, but I'm not that deep into veganism to answer what exactly would be considered "exploitation". My perspective as someone who abstains from most animal products is more pragmatic: what's best for my health, the environment, as well as other beings. Survival requires that you utilize the environment and other beings at some level, the question is what are the healthiest and most-sustainable ways of doing so? E.g., who's to say vegans are not exploiting plants & microorganisms.
-
Learning = making distinctions. I did the exercise of going to the grocery shop and buying the many different types of apples, slicing, and tasting them. That day I learned that Pink Lady was my favorite apple.
-
+1 for this. The narrow character width looks beautiful and it's beneficial for the blog having portrait-shaped posts.
-
I guess Leo was mainly targeting resolving his chronic stomach/gut (SIBO?) issues at that time. So it probably didn't fix it, unfortunately.
-
Hahaha I guess it wouldn't be vegan even with mom permission.
-
Love that I'm finally developing such reputation in the forum
-
Gofund is unlikely to change one's life — compare it to winning the lottery. Give $10M to someone who's financially immature and they will blow it within a few years. It's money you didn't earn — better not to take it. The mindset should be the inverse, as Leo pointed out — to be willing to work your ass off and create an insane amount of value — and to take pride in taking only money you worked hard for. This mindset is very robust in that it creates the internal momentum for action, as well as preventing you from being scammed and entering get-rich-quick schemes.
-
lol Bryan is vegan btw, so he wouldn't eat babies — at most extract their plasma and plug it together with 5-MeO, for maximum longevity.
-
Btw, one thing you can do to increase your fiber intake is to make your own, whole soymilk. I use a machine named DOMO DO716BL. You can buy dried soybeans, soak for 12h, then put in the machine and boom — ready to drink, whole soymilk. No need to strain as that will remove fiber.
-
Nice! Neighbor
-
I don't have a lot of experience with modifying bloating symptoms TBH. When I started eating the diet that I currently do, I would sometimes feel quite bloated. I pushed through it and it eventually went away — not necessarily suggesting this will work for everyone. It could be the composition of your gut microbiota. As you start increasing fiber intake, the microbes will have more food, and if you have too-much of a given type of microbes that can translate to bloating. However, as you maintain a high fiber intake with minimally processed foods and minimal additives, that should help restore equilibrium over weeks. There seems to be evidence that sucralose can affect the gut microbiome. I would try to avoid it.
-
Not at all. The body gets used to it. There is evidence that humans historically consumed 50-150g fiber/day. Our closest primate relatives, chimpanzees, consume ~200g/day. Take this number and compare to the average western intake of under 20g and you'll that what's crazy is what people do nowaways. I live in Switzerland. Wbu? Yea, Alnatura rocks!
-
My average fiber intake is 108g/day. Here is the breakdown of the top sources. Of course, each person is different, but just to give you an idea of foods you could incorporate in your diet.
-
I see. Quick tips I can give, as someone who maintains 12-13% BF year-round as a male: Increase fiber intake — from whole foods, not supplements. Try to go as high as you can. Fiber will fill you up as well as slow down digestion and feed the gut microbes, improving mood, wellbeing, etc. Ramp up fiber slowly over days & weeks. Increase unprocessed foods. This is adjacent to fiber, because unprocessed foods will be as satiating while having less available calories. E.g., eat 100g of nut butter and you absorb 100% of the caloric intake. Eat 100g of nuts and you absorb 70-80% of it. The key is to eat as much whole as possible. Increase fruit intake. Avoid as much as possible protein bars and most of these processed crap. The labels are often significantly misleading. Use fruits as snacks.
-
@Judy2 Regarding body image: Have you tried gaining muscle? It has the benefit of allowing one's body shape to look better with the same amount of fat. If you're trying to balance too-low body fat vs health, you can maybe achieve the looks you want with higher body fat and higher muscle mass. Not to mention all the other benefits of muscle mass such as glucose control, burning more calories, etc.
-
Hahahaha love that
-
The phone is for setting dates. @Olaf I send a couple of messages back and forth if it's the first time we're texting. Here are the types messages I'd send, in order: Hey, it's John, cool meeting the other day <refer back to something in the conversation we had in person, usually something I'm interested to learn about her> Continue the conversation normally and ask her out So by message or "turn" #3 I'm asking her out. Notice it's always better to ask when she's free instead of asking for a specific date. "Flirting" at this stage manifests itself by me asking questions and being interested in her. I'm not sending emojis nor going out of my way to find "funny" subjects. The conversation naturally gets playful — you shouldn't try to make it playful. But also notice it's good to keep the conversation on the phone to a minimum so you'll have more to talk about in person, as well as keeping the mystery alive. It's OK to send a boring text when it has a purpose (e.g., logistics for the next date). If the girl is into you, she'll see your message and like it even if it's plain or boring. You don't need to go out of your way to find "funny" or "flirty" subjects and the like.
-
The phone is for setting dates. @something_else, I see where you're coming from, but let me point to an issue that is likely to happen to inexperienced folks: when you meet your Kryptonite, the girl that in your eyes is so hot she knocks your socks off, you are extremely more likely to come up with excuses as to why it's not time yet to be direct, and you start acting dopey. The excuses or rationalizations one will come up will be precisely of the type you said before, i.e., "girls from my generation", "chemistry over text", etc. With this in mind, directness and having a goal-oriented approach to texting are crucial to navigate the Kryptonite terrain. You don't need to "warm her up", and you don't need to "prove that you got basic texting skills" — that's feminine energy. If she finds my texting boring — who cares what she thinks! Attraction should have happened before. If you're texting and she's not attracted, move on to the next. At this point it's a high-risk, low-reward type of situation — eject early.
