Sugarcoat

Member
  • Content count

    7,931
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sugarcoat

  1. I think humans first and foremost seek well being. It just happens to be that living a lie can hurt so it can make it seem they’re seeking truth. If you found out enlightenment would cause you hell, would you still pursue it? I think a big factor in the motivation of this pursuit of “truth” is because you think it’s gonna make you happier. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe it happens to be that truth does make you happier (if enlightenment is like som say). In a way that’s good news for us because then we can fulfill that need for well being while at the same time feeling like we’re pursuing the highest thing
  2. Yea I guessed that I just got a funny thought 😆
  3. Congrats 😊 There’s lot of opportunity for growth and development in relationship, that can increase stability, communication and long term happiness. It’s nice when both people are open to try to improve.
  4. That water bill 😭
  5. That’s great! I sometimes bring my arms over my head and back to release some tension in my upper body and it helps to a certain degree so I can see how that video can help. My neck/spine issue is related to compression of the spine. So the number one thing that has helped me the most is lifting my head straight up with my arms and holding for a long time (it decompresses the spine).
  6. I dont think people intrinsically value Christmas in itself, its real meaning, unless they’re genuinely religious. Plenty celebrate, enjoy and value Christmas for the events that are used to celebrate it, in particular the gathering of families. It may come with emotional attachments, nostalgia, comfort etc But those things you could do any day, so I’m similar to you, im indifferent to Christmas in and of itself, I mostly just like being on holiday (meaning not having to work/study) during that time.
  7. It can be held as ideal, but it’s important to be honest with yourself when you do judge, believe/disbelieve something or even hold it as true/not true. If you are presented with any kind of statement, you might notice that for many things you will lean in one direction or the other in terms of if you believe it or not. It’s like how it’s rare you’re truly neutral about something, for most things you’ll have a preference, even if it’s subtle, for it or not. You can adopt a kind of meta view that anything you experience is still happening within your limited perspective, so it might not be absolute. It still doesn’t disprove things like “trans fat is unhealthy” in this “relative” reality but it can create some form of detachment to your views because you recognize for example that a lot has to do with definitions …
  8. I am also like this. When my body feels stiff, it distracts me mentally, makes me less present and attentive to what’s going on outside me, makes it harder for me to sit still to study and focus. I have problems with my spine, so I am extremely tense in my neck/traps/jaw etc 24/7 But 30 minutes neck stretching a day is the only thing that has given me significant improvement Not only that, but I feel uglier when my body feels off. The combo of increased blood flow from running then stretching is best imo. You feel softer and more like your body is able to be used and assist you properly in life instead of distracting you with unpleasant sensations
  9. Unborntao using the forum to practice his openers
  10. Maybe everyone knows of it already but it’s one of my favorite songs ever
  11. Well I didn’t read the responses talking about rayman I just saw the post about gta 6 so I remember playing older versions in my past and i remember the strip clubs so i assumed gta 6 would have it So I joked about the delay being unfortunate because i wanted to visit the strip club And then you said rayman, meaning if I wanted to visit the clubs in rayman too, i didn’t know what it was so i googled and it said its a game. So i joked that “that too” meaning yea i wanna go to the clubs in Rayman too Hope you can sleep now jk
  12. Well never make a joke again then #burn
  13. That’s unfortunate, I wanted to go to the strip club
  14. It’s cool how the diet that seems healthiest for a lot of people also is better for planet and animals simultaneously
  15. I know that (I imagine someone reading this convo and reacting like “well I can tell why she doesn’t have many friends 😂”)
  16. Cool I am trying to improve my diet and my goal is to incorporate more vegetables and it being the dominant part of my diet so it’s not too far off from yours Its good you’re able to notice how your body feels and use that as guide to how you eat. I remember in far past when I had some joint ache and I also found that eating a lot of gluten made me feel it more, so yea there’s probably something to it
  17. I find different school of thought when it comes to nutrition interesting. What would you say has helped you the most from Ayurveda?
  18. It’s a result not cause
  19. I think so too. You say “not doing” but don’t you think taking action is necessary like initiating convo and going up to people or do people just come to you?
  20. How do you get a lot of friends 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓
  21. I have found positive visualization to be able to armor against negative thinking (although it can have backsides too when it’s excessive) Yes and the discontentment you feel can sometimes be used to motivate you do to better too, but it can also be toxic ofc so ideally you’d be driven by other mindsets That’s cool! I think it’s good to do things that involve the body and movement
  22. What do you eat if you don’t mind?
  23. I read this but didn’t pause to respond Getting rid of neurosis I think also requires mindfulness and self awareness which some lack The best combo is the inner work combined with the outer exposure, it’s like they catalyze each other (chemistry student pun🤓) I feel socialization maybe becomes less useful concept if you apply it to all objects