Sugarcoat

Member
  • Content count

    7,931
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sugarcoat

  1. I had a thought, some say awakening is dissolution of self, or do you consider it differently? Nonetheless, a profound spiritual transformation that leads to something better is good regardless. Not trying to pick at people here
  2. How does the the table being broken in anger relate to karma? I thought objects were outside this karma dynamic. So you mean for example a hateful mindset has low vibration and thus bad karma? I am a bit unsure about the term karma because I’ve heard it used in different ways. I’m not expecting you to explain it tho
  3. Yea sometimes something can put us off balance too far so we need to find balance again and recenter ourselves but at a better place than before.
  4. That is indeed a profound experience. You said it had lasting positive change so thats good.
  5. Yes. If you get rid of all your fears, a significant chunk, if not all, of you will deconstruct as well. Challenging your fears is spiritual
  6. If time is eternal, then there is endless opportunity for anything to happen. If reality has the possibility of creating anything, and also the sense of consciousness and self has the ability to arise in form, then it seems all of us will go through absolutely everything no matter what we do in this life, sooner or later. Maybe there is some limits, like think of the most random thing: a triangle made of marshmallow that lives in a world without gravity and eats pumpkin seeds to survive. Maybe that’s not a possible form, except it being able to arise as image in our mind, because it doesn’t make sense logically how it would function, maybe form needs logic, so even the most paranormal activity we can encounter has a certain “logic” that somehow fits into this reality we live in. And with regards to self awareness, many forms might arise which never develop self awareness in no universe or timeline. Maybe a table is always unaware so it doesn’t suffer when it’s broken. But even considering possible limits, there’s still infinite opportunity for you to be tortured so many times in all of eternity. So it is more than enough 😂 I do think there may be some truth to this karma thing you talk about, so there might be connection between this reincarnation, the previous and the next. But that connection I don’t think is gonna last forever. Some time in eternity, you’ll still go through all the shit no matter what. Doesn’t mean morality doesn’t matter, if you have human psychology, you’re gonna suffer somehow inside yourself if you cause too much harm, so that’s the most direct “karma”.
  7. Yes Whatever reduces stress yea I think. I have wondered tho how important joy is for longevity, in case someone is quite apathetic to a lot of things but still has low stress, and thus chooses to isolate but not out of fear but rather a lack of deriving much joy from it. Do they live shorter Hmm
  8. How would you describe that particular awakening you had, if you don’t mind? Yea the lack of seeking out connection can come from different places, not all of them fit into a defined “disorder”. I have also felt calmer lately than previously in my life, but simultaneously I lack emotional intensity, so I relate to that trait in the disorder, but not all of it like you said.
  9. You sound a bit schizoid like me (I have been evaluated and gotten no diagnosis but can relate a little to some traits)
  10. I can relate to that. It’s a trap. What I find is tho that the mind is very good at telling you what’s wrong. And the more it’s purified the better it will become. It can be something like, you’re at home about to go to bed early because it’s healthy, but you feel somehow bad about not taking th opportunity to go out and socialize. Just an example, could be many other ways And what’s cool is that improving other parts of your life will actually improve your health! (Not 100% of the time, for example if you overwork yourself to improve finances), but more in the long term. Because they’ll improve your mental health (if the goal you’re aiming at feels aligned with higher self).
  11. Thats cool. I wanna experiment with food soon and ill see if I try something along those lines.
  12. Yea now i remember I’ve written “crazy” things on this forum making me seem mentally ill, that could make it seem inappropriate for me to talk about non duality… Nonetheless. Maybe going a bit “outward” with your focus could help some loosen some of this limited identification, trying to identify with everything or whatever. But I do have a bit of bias thinking going inward and trying to deconstruct is more effective…
  13. Logic is one thing. But do you have a way you have been able to expand your identity like that?
  14. I mean logically separation doesn’t make sense either. I thought about this when I was younger too. If you draw a line to separate two sides of paper, even if you zoom in forever theoretically you’ll not find the exact limit where one side begins and the other ends.
  15. I don’t think logic is best approach in this because simply logically speaking it does make sense to identify as the body . Whatever calms the mind can help I think
  16. I see what you mean, yea that particular view I don’t believe for now
  17. Have you tried that, and if so have you experienced benefit to it, or will it forever just taste bland ?
  18. I see, so you mean that it’s not necessary to understand the reason, in order to deconstruct it? I could see that possibility Sense phenomena seems to mean different things. Internal vs external. I think going more inward is beneficial in trying to deconstruct or become aware of your limitations. If limitations cease then it’s the same as disidentification, I think
  19. As a human we have this one identity which is with ourselves in our head/bodies. So yes I’ve been trying to understand how it works, why I identify as it. That is a step in itself, what does it have to do with identifying with everything? Well because in my experience the self is associated with suffering, and I’ve also experienced fluctuations in how real I feel, how strong my sense of self is. So when people say “you don’t exist”. I think maybe there is some truth to it, so I don’t think it’s bad idea to pursue the deconstruction of that sense of self. If you manage to reach a point of no identity. If you think about it, what’s the difference between identifying with nothing and everything ? Everything is unlimited (I think) so if you identity with infinity, then it’s same as nothing… Or?
  20. That’s one way of defining. I meant more that there might be a reality, exactly how it is, but from my pov, I am experiencing a warped version of that reality (for example by feeling like I’m stuck to this body and the world is out there, or viewing someone through a lense of judgement) . So maybe there’s possibility of experiencing reality exactly how it is without this warping which I assume has to do with the self
  21. I think it’s a mechanism, maybe of the brain, mind that creates this identity as ourselves and the body What I meant was, if someone gets enlightened and they no longer have identity with the body and self. Why would it be replaced with identity with everything, it’s extra step. Reality would just “be”. No identity
  22. Reality just is, why it need identification, it sounds like some mechanism of action, or?