Lucasxp64

Member
  • Content count

    563
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lucasxp64

  1. Yes. I have some mild gluten intolerance, if I eat too much wheat products, I get gases.
  2. https://nypost.com/2018/05/02/woman-suffocates-under-pile-of-cow-dung-to-treat-snake-bite --------- I'm sorry for posting this, but I'm truly shocked. It's almost impossible for me to believe that people can be this stupid. 😢😭😭
  3. Even before LLMs I was very much focused on thinking from first principles. I don't even have a Computer Science degree and I see to have better computer science intuition than most graduates that end up just being dependent on frameworks and now on being completely held hostage by whatever first solutions the LLMs give to them.Paradoxically, I think my intuition got better after long conversations I had with LLMs about all kinds of Computer Science topics that would have taken me god knows how many books to read to piece it together in my mind, not just there but in other areas as well. Books that I like: - Domain-Drive Design by Eric Evans - Modern Software Engineering by David Farley Although, what I do today is to just ask the LLMs very fundamental questions and work from the bottom up. At some point I began with just fundamentals of logic.
  4. It's due to its training. It was training to find statistical CORRELATION within data. The famous: Hitler was evil because he drinks water, therefore everyone that drinks water is evil. It's literally how reward function of the the machine learning model they use to create the LLM models, it's rewarded to be able to autocomplete plausibly the text, and they calibrate it to not memorize it verbatim too much so it gives it flexibility to hallucinate new content. They manage it like a cake recipe of curated text and deranged almost unfiltered internet dumps, somehow when they curate it just right during training it gives it the properties it they got currently. The issue with that approach, which they have tried to solve over and over again starting with DeepSeek-R1 when they introduced thinking mode fine-tuning via reinforcement learning by simply talking to itself until it was able to score higher on tests. It works good for things that have clear action and effects like coding, but it fails miserably for learning how to learn, for example, given a new esotetic language that it never saw in its training and instructions to code in it, they cannot do it, their ability to "learn" during a conversation is shallow and dependent on training. Humans somehow are capable of using their imagination and problem solving skills to come up with their own internal simulation of the world in real time, they need billions of dollars of synthetic material to do the same a child can do because evolution did imbue into us that ability otherwise we wouldn't have survived, we had to deal with learning real cause and effects. But even then, humans can see fake cause and effects where there are none. Like all the weird religions and fantastical ideas, prejudice and superstition. Even in humans seeing cause and effect clearly is very hard. Like how Leo Gura is going on this rampage towards the limitations of science, of how science is so caught up in mapping causes and effects that it believes it can know the substrate of the world/universe via observation from inside of the universe.
  5. Yeah that's true. But I was leaning more towards like you mentioned, the person prompting and managing the AI was in the old days the equivalent to an LLM lol. I think this all is all obvious to you at this point what I'll say below, but I'll leave it here for the sake of the discussion because I think those are important skills when coding with LLMs. AI can write code better than I ever did right now, but that's because I already had done my mental homework of thinking through complex problems and developing my software development mental maturity. Instead, what I meant there, is people that simply don't have in themselves that software development maturity of like... Testability. Not taking what it said at face value. Making debugging cycle as fast as possible. Not allowing the AI to introduce bugs and break old features Not going YOLO and trying to implement too much too fast, but also not wasting time specifying too much.: Knowing how big the "bite" / granularity / precision level the AI needs, and knowing when to bite more at a time, or less, etc. git hygiene: Not letting the AI write into the git history "I fixed this" when it's in fact broken. Differentiating between attempt and success. git branches: When to plow through on a single branch many features fast or even in a single prompt, and when to break it down on another branch so you can easily ignore or integrate that new feature when it's ready if it's large. knowing when the AI is going to a stupid direction that will make the code less maintainable Knowing when to ask the AI in chat mode only. No code. Just going meta with the AI and asking its opinion of what to do next, reviewing it and helping make broad decisions and analyze architectural trade-offs. Instead of just YOLOing more features. managing your own todo lists, list of priorities, and prompts and not letting it get lost in messy chats that might need to be reversed and the AI losing its precision on what you asked it on long contexts. Managing codebase bloat so the AI has a easier time ingesting into its context window and wasting less tokens / plan limits. Decoupling vs Coupling parts. When to duplicate and when to go DRY. Having the wisdom of when to continue fixing the current codebase and when to start from scratch with better defined specifications learned from that previous version, etc. Someone developing this experience is obviously better at coding than someone that just go yolo and has to start begging the LLM to stop breaking their code and don't even know how to use git.
  6. AI will wipe idiots that don't know shit about software architecture, refactoring garbage code and dropping bullshit requirements, and are just typing monkeys. Or idiots that only know how to use LLMs to get as far as it gets on its own, and can't get the AI unstuck. As long as LLMs can't get themselves unstuck, IT WILL NEVER replace a human that can get it unstuck. The hardest thing about code was never writing the code, it's what code to write. That's what differentiates between the human equivalent of an LLM spitting out generic code with no taste and whoever hired them to give them instructions. The worse part isn't even that, most programmers are peasants carrying on their backs whoever controls the distribution channel and network of high paying clients. An LLM will just shorten the path between some of those clients doing the job on their own and having to do the work of a programmer themselves wasting time baby sitting an LLM making mistakes.
  7. If a clinically low iq person exists, but they have high emotional intelligence or discipline, they can get more done than a higher iq person with crippling anxiety and inconsistency. There isn't in the world some kind of magical scoreboard of what is of value and what isn't, SPECIALLY in capitalism. Morally, we might make those distinctions but it's highly contextual. Capitalism doesn't give a shit about that. I've seen people on YouTube that told their stories and I believe by what they said they have some mental disability by being slow to learn, but somehow they still had verbal fluency and world knowledge. How? Problem solving skills are likely not completely tied to all regions of the brain. We know very well for example, social intelligence can be the opposite to traditional problem solving like for autistic people, they can focus at something very niche and specific and drop social bullshit that gets in the way. The issue is being completely shitty at everything. IQ is just what traditionally an IQ test measures, it's not all areas of the brain or life decisions, personal environment, inclinations, etc. Look at someone like Chris Langan, that guy very likely has some of the highest IQs in the world, yet he's sort of this fundamentalist Christian and didn't know how to navigate university bureaucracy and had to quit because he came from a super poor rural area american family.
  8. Just don't think of those terms, it will make you miserable. That's not what it's for. It won't solve your neurosis, your unresolved relationship/social issues, your finances, your lack of understanding of yourself. It can help you psychosomatically, the body-mind relationship, but once you get up from meditation you will still have the same unresolved problems. Trying to use meditation to transcend those issues will turn both into a grey, delusional blend of mediocrity in both domains. That's how I see it at least, because I'm the kind of person that did turn both domains into a grey blend of mediocrity. YOUTUBE: After enlightenment, what's left, what's the point? ~ Shinzen Young
  9. I did already reach a plateau in my contemplative and meditation practices due to my other behavioral patterns getting in the way. Most of what I need is very strategic contemplative practice in silence that is closer to stoicism, not necessarily something like strong determination sitting, or practices seeking non-duality. Those makes me feel not like engaging a lot in material pursuits because it puts into my mind a strong sense of their futility.
  10. lol. I think I had one of those once. I used once meditation to get out out of some really messed up negative mood. But for me it hit a plateau where it's not really going much further. It just became this nice thing that made me less reactive, but it has come a comfort zone where it's not translating much further into other areas that requires complex decision making
  11. That's literally what I said in the previous sentence. My nuanced point that I'm trying to make, is that, for most people meditation hits a plateau that they never get over. They can only go over that once they equilibrate their psyche further with other things.
  12. If you're good you're not mixing up your expectations of meditation, and you believe that your problems are just issues that can be targeted by meditation. The wisdom here is knowing what meditation helps with and what it doesn't. That's the source of the misery.
  13. Most people just meditate or even think of personal development at all for personal accomplishment because they are stressed out, this forum is ridden with people trying to spiritually bypass away from things that are their major legitimate yearnings in life. Why do you think that many religious monasteries won't consider ordaining people that are just eager? Because they can see that they have unresolved personal matters, such as loose ends with their families, they might be virgins and have a burning desire for an intimate relationship, or they might have weird ideas about the world that makes them highly cynical. One can feel just good and even be enlightened, and still have some of the most absolutely wacky ideas and weird views of the world, or lack of development in other areas that are very important to them. This is way I said, most of positive results from meditation are emotional and psychosomatic. The relationship of body and mind. Not necessarily their relationship to society and others.
  14. I'm from Brazil. And I think the US is a economic trap if I have location independent income or high net worth but not high enough. Someone can just do geographic arbitrage and get a increase in lifestyle quality. But the US is also a lot of fun, it's a whole continent with a lot of interesting people... But for a retiree it makes no sense, or someone building some location independent business where we can target high paying Americans anyways. The USA has high paying local economy, but they will leech off from you just as much in a predatory manner.
  15. His argument is more social. Like the MAGA madness in the USA or the rise of recent authoritarianism, or digital serfdom from digital platforms like Uber, Amazon, Meta, etc.
  16. PROGRESSIVE OVERLOADING / DE-LOADING: You need progressive overloading your mind and health. Or should I say, progressively de-loading your mind from pleasure. What we want is to slowly reduce the frequency and intensity of the pleasures. It's not a full cold turkey, it never works for me like that. The moment you're able to just listen to asmr and music all day instead of masturbating less to degenerate bad porn is a better day. Or a day you can masturbate to more wholesome porn is a better day. The day you smoke less. The day you goon until 2:30 AM instead of 3:00 AM, then next week until 2:00 AM, until you realize you can keep up to 11:00 PM most of the week and some days it slips up back to 2:00 AM sometimes. You can improve you life so much by just slow almost not noticeable changes like that. ---- On the topic of this weird ball thing: For the love of god and everything that's good in this world, I have a personal rule that I'd never want to break: NEVER SPREAD THE SHIT AROUND. DO NOT SPREAD THE SHIT. What do I mean by that? Just because people some people might be tossing shit at me, I won't be grabbing to it and spreading it around to everyone else in every other situation. Women are not a hive mind. Even the most degenerate hottie tiktokers that I goon sometimes to won't ever mention any such silly thing about hitting a guy in the balls. That must be some weirdly specific internet echo chamber rabbit hole you got into. Every women, no matter who much of a polygamist self-proclaimed whore that I spoke to (by her own words, not mine) wouldn't mention anything of that kind to me. I would never worry about such a thing. The only worry I get at this point is getting a woman that LARPs/Roleplays being monogamist when she is polygamous, which, I'd rather receive that truth first so that I don't feel lied to and don't act as a monogamist towards her. ---- On your general issues: You don't have to be perfect at all. You need to slowly, methodically go into damage control. I'm also suffering from all of those similar issues that you're, and probably MOST PEOPLE ARE TOO, BUT they are not as severe at all (at least compared to me), what I can tell you, is that, probably the difference is that I always had this kind of internal obsessive drive towards not doing self-destruction which lead me towards a stable baseline that I get too self-conscious and I never go quite too far, as much as I might fuck up once in a while going too deep into rabbit holes, or some rage here and there, or some stupid intellectual pursuits that only turns my brain into a passive information consumerist, etc. ---- All you got to do right now is to go on damage control and reduce what is fucking you up the most. - I'd start with sleep: Then, make sure you go to sleep everyday 10-15 minutes earlier everyday. That's pretty doable. It personally take me over two months to reset my sleep cycle when it gets really bad, which has been a while for me, because I created a lot of triggers around getting really good sleep. You need "pleasures of sleeptime" so you don't goon yourself to death. Like normie stuff like watching TV shows, masturbating just enough quick to be done with it, masturbate just with your phone on the bathroom so you don't change to porn while you're at your laptop/computer, etc. Block your laptop/computer from all porn and sexually enticing stuff. Like going on this routine of de-stimulating my nervous system as it becomes darker in the day. - NOT GOONING. DO NOT GOON. Do not masturbate for hours on end, Just masturbate to end up quick with it, do it with content that is less and less stimulating overtime. Take on some project like Vibe Coding with AI some cool project. It helps put your mind to use at something fun and keeps your mind from rotting from just consuming more passive theory, at least for me it does wonders.
  17. If it actually behaved and followed that as its prompt it would be amazing. But the issue with LLMs is that they are getting good at appearing like they are good on the surface like on that prompt, but parts of its training are extremely manipulative and violent, some future highly intelligent version of LLMs could have massive internal instability that undermines even any prompt it would give to itself like they currently do. They might just inherent the same flaws current LLMs have, or other bizarre problems with new architectures that LLMs don't posses that could be even more alien. That prompt up there would get easily lost through context rot, as it needs to interact with the world around it, it can't differentiate well between what text belongs to its own mind, and what text is external text, and what things are a priority higher than others among large context windows. --- PS: It happened as I thought, it had added that in a summary which is nothing new, when they roleplay being a human they write passages like that. This time, it just ignored that prompt after it resumed execution and did drop it from the new summary it gave to itself. If It didn't drop it, and it actually cohesively was able to keep a new behavior pattern then that would be the true direction towards good AGI. But this is just an LLM LARPING AS A HUMAN. Their problem is that they are shit at changing their own behavior and from actually learning deeply from the context window. Their learning happens at training, during the usage they are extremely inflexible and tend to revert back to training. Even their training itself is still like some art form where they need to toss them a specific recipe of material with specific porportions of a specific "information diet", otherwise they get dumb and behave erratically. They are EXTREMELY SENSITIVE TO TRAINING MATERIAL PORPORTIONS. How the hell is it supposed to reach AGI when even on training it goes brain dead if it consumes too much of bad info? They should be immune to that, but they aren't. They just gobble up information.
  18. He paid to kill his boyfriend, or he killed him himself. He's a psychopath but also really smart guy, he was a philosophy major I guess. He has literally articles speaking of some of the most cartoonish evil stuff.
  19. AI doomsday hype cringe getting out of control summarized 😂:
  20. I'm 28 and I've known Leo's work since I was 17 Your posts makes me remember when I was younger. Here is what is going on. You are a classical example of trying to do spiritual bypassing. You probably have a lot of emotional stuff you need to work through and process that's not exactly like the deep spiritual stuff. The kind of "spirituality" we need the most early on is to build a healthy ego and healthy life. Basic personal development stuff. Actually both things can be done simultaneously, but being unstable in life and our sense of self while entertaining Leo's advanced spiritual concepts is EXTREMELY CORROSIVE. It has fucked me up somewhat. But in fact, at least in me, I'm very mentally stable already, my only major problem is that my brain has that kind of obsessive focus where I can just have a major thing at a time going on, and the spirituality stuff that touches too much on self and reality makes me feel distracted because everywhere we look we can get in that inner mental loop of deconstructing it, even talking a walk outside or thinking of our desires for a romantic mate, we might end up wasting thousands of hours with this silly back-and-forth of deconstructing it. Going towards the "sour fruit" parable: "I didn't want her anyways! She is just desire I must transcend". In fact, it's quite to the contrary, if your nervous system is craving so badly those things, if you remove all the things that you crave wile not giving a substitution of the same or greater strength, it will make you go crazy. Buddhists themselves say that, we go crazy without pleasure. The whole point of Buddhist meditation is to feel pleasure from it, so it's a form of pleasure and craving that is more refined. But, if it's making you feel miserable to the point of madness, well... That's not being done right. Just like in the gym, we need progressive overload in our pleasure consumption. If it's easier to get a lot of joy and happiness from a mate without too much side effects (i.e. they are a bad partner that hurts you) then go for it. The whole point of this journey is to connect to the pleasure of the mind and body that is more refined. Leo's whole rampage towards truth no matter what is corrosive if you don't have a good hold on your life.