SamC

Member
  • Content count

    1,264
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SamC

  1. Becuase it's from the female perspective. Girls see it as a natural beutiful unbiased process where two people meet each other and fall in love just because they are perfect for each other. It obviously isn't like though becuase the factor that often makes or brakes the opportunity for a sexual relationship, is how well the guy can game. For girls it feels like that becuase they don't have to do the work in the attraction face.
  2. Being afraid of acting from insecurity is in it self insecurity. In other words, do whatever you want. Drop the " I have to do" / the shoulds and instead do what makes you feel good. If you notice you're insecure, don't beat yourself up for being insecure... and further, don't beat yourself up for beating yourself up. Figure out what you want and go out and get that and If you're insecure/ come across as insecure.. stop caring about you caring about that you care that other people see you as insecure and start accepting everything you feel. It sure is. I have been thorough a long face of this when I've been forcing myself to do stuff and to be a certain way. Than I had a existential crisis when I realized that I hadn't " grown" shit and just repressed myself ( which is still growth cause that step was neccesary to get to the next step).. In other words bro, I know how it feels. Its though but you will figure out your path. If this realization makes your world dark, just remember. The sun comes back again. "You're not the one you see, you're so much than that. When it's night it's hard to see but it's not the darkness that you are, you're so much more than that" If you want to talk more about this, feel free to PM me. @Farnaby Here are some videos that have helped me a lot in stepping away from this dynamic. https://youtu.be/0tl-7A3NdV8 https://youtu.be/EeUlPO2iXb4 https://youtu.be/LGa0BoyHGUQ https://youtu.be/jgbxy4WDfUw https://youtu.be/qFjL62-9Qyw https://youtu.be/5tmKFbXneis
  3. @Farnaby its fake growth. If you're scared of not being confident enough than you're by definition insecure. The goal should not be to be confident, the goal should be to do whatever you want and not even think about being confident/alpha/ good enough because you don't even care if people see you as confident or not aka You just do what you want to do. It's really hard I know, I struggle with this aswell. It's important to note though that this also includes you not caring about the fact that care or hate yourself for being insecure. The key is to accept that you don't accept that you accept yourself and do what you want to do.
  4. I know bro. Keep your head up man. You're not alone
  5. It obviously is authentic if you want it. Don't resist it, let it be. Some part of you wants that thing because it feels like it will get love that way, and that's okey. Notice how repressing that makes you inauthentic. Investigate and be curious about what that need is. Contemplate about it. See how you can meet that need within you and why you have that need. Give this part of yourself love and healing + meet its need. Is this your inner child/ shadow that is speaking? Get familiar with who this " part " is. Ego is not bad, only ego makes it so
  6. I would focus on your lower needs before moving up to the spiritual goals. Are you financially free? Have you figured out your Life purpose? Do you live your life purpose? Can you get laid/ a girlfriend if you want? If the answer to all or some of those questions are no, than start with that. Of course, continue meditating and all that kind of stuff but set your priorities right. A self inquiry practice for most is not the right start. Most need to burn the karma first. That said, there are no right or wrong answers, but be careful to not fall into the highly spiritual but my life sucks trap.
  7. As the title. Important to note, I live in Sweden where the university education is free + you get some money. My goal is to master psychology and than do public speaking. Will becoming a psychologist be worth my time? ( according to you guys, I want your thoughts) Thank you? @Leo Gura
  8. I'm guessing now, but I think holistic thinking is one step up from systemsthinking (even more integrating) becuase it litterly means taking everything into account. Systemsthinking from my understanding does that aswell but is limited to models and can't see beyond it. Maybe Holistic thinking trancends that and relies on conciousness instead of thinking in systems. Systems itself is all in all, a duality.
  9. I would be a great psychologist. That's basically my zone of genius - understanding and supporting people. The question is if it's worth 5 years, becuase the education seems limited.
  10. Thansks for the input. Would you study it again? Why/ why not? Yeah I know. I can study that on my own hovewer outside of school. Than I get both. @Jacobsrw
  11. @Preety_India Or I'll become a male stripper in Japan. Two strong options
  12. Yeah I know It's true! The question is if it's worth the hassle however. 5 years + 1 year of practice is a long time, I wonder if it even will give me that much compared to if I studied it myself.
  13. @Moksha As someone who have a master in psychology, how do you get the most knowledge about psychology and human behavior? Are there blindspots in the formal psycholofy education where you miss important stuff just becuase they don't teach it?
  14. @Preety_IndiaNah, the best move is to read your journals
  15. The counteruntuituve move is to aks the opposite question
  16. What about natural hierarchys regarding men and woman. I mean.. woman are more intuitive than men on average and have a biological drive to take care of kids. Maybe, that's why they also dominate in childcare for example, because they like it more because of how they are biologically Wired. Do you study/ research/ work with this stuff personally? You seem to know a lot of stuff. Lol yeah of course in that way, but in another way the wiring of " truth" has to be linked to some sort of benefit in order for it to exist and survive the natural selection. There has to be some sort of purpose for it. Also people with enmeshment trauma tends to want to discover the truth and introspect because they are afraid to be wrong ( fail) and to hurt other people by projecting ignorance, which many enmeshed trauma folks have experienced themselves when interacted with narrsists. They understand that no one likes narcissists and they are therefor afraid to be that becuase they are afraid to not belong ( yet still terrified of losing it's sense of identity) Yes yeah, there are a lot of fun stuff to learn? INFP @integral
  17. @integral What are some of the intuitive blindspots in regards to finding truth? Of course there must be some, but what are those? Also, where do you pegg yourself on the Mbti scale?
  18. Yeah, and what is that reward system linked to? What more effects does this thing create if the whole system is trying to get to truth. If that's the evolutionary strategy, what does the body do to get to a place where this is the body seeks? ( high openness, introversion, neuroticism ect)
  19. @integral Yeah of course, I see myself as higher than those who are not at stage yellow. The challenge here is to accept that and not avoid it becuase that's even more fear and ego. Also, Interesting addition to the Donnur Krüger effect. Maybe that's another reason besides the donning Kruger effect.Everyone believes they are genius but only becusse they don't see where they suck, hence they are only a genius on that thing.
  20. Unsual question coming. Do you think this journey aided your awakening and enlightenment journey in some way?@Gili Trawangan
  21. @intotheblackYeah but you're a woman. therefor you are not aware of the subtle nuance and gold becuase you're not looking for it. You only see it as a mechanical way to approach something as precious as a relationship. You look at it from a female perspective. The message is that if you want something, you must go and get it. That's what girls want and that's why many guys don't get action with girls ( including myself lol). The guys who struggle don't assert what they want, they don't fight for what they want, because they don't believe they can get what they want/ deserve to get what they want. That's the core problem. The guys who struggle don't authentically Express what they want. And that's also the moral of his story. Go out and assert yourself and get what you want. Be recorseful, don't let anything stop you.