r0ckyreed

Member
  • Content count

    2,465
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by r0ckyreed

  1. From what you describe, it sounds like the Stoic negative visualization technique. Imagining the worst case scenario can help you prepare and have gratitude. Ex. I am stressed about talking to strangers or presenting in front of class. If you can be aware of the worst case scenario such as I will get laughed at or I will stutter or whatever, it helps you put your fear into perspective. What is really wrong with people laughing at you? What is really wrong with stuttering or failing your presentation or test? Is that really the worst case? The ultimate worst case scenario is death, which really isn’t a worst case scenario because it is gonna happen anyways. Negative visualization helps you to focus on what you do have. If you can imagine what life would be like if you did not have something, it will help you appreciate it more. If you are anxious or whatever, focus on the positives of what you do have. You can see (most blind people envy you for seeing), you can hear, you can think, you have opportunities to love, you are alive, etc. When you put this into perspective of the example of having social anxiety, it becomes laughable. When you zoom out of your perspective and look at the world as a whole, you realize that everyone is insecure and stressed about something. You can be secure knowing that everyone is insecure. When you confront your fear of death, everything else gets put into place. All other stresses and problems are seen as petty when you zoom out and think about how everyone has similar concerns as you, and they are not the worst case. When you think about the “worst case scenarios,” it is important to look back at your current situation and have gratitude. Ex. I imagine that I get into a car crash and lose my legs. This thought helps me be more grateful for the fact that this moment has never happened. And I can enjoy my legs in the Now. It is like the movie It’s a Wonderful Life. If you have not seen the movie, go watch it. When you think about what can go wrong, you also can know what can go right. The real problem is the attitude and mindsets used to which we approach opportunities. Presenting in front of class is a test, getting in a car wreck and losing your legs is a test, losing your sight is a test. Life is always testing us. We are not grateful for what we have until we lose it. You can bypass the losing part by imagining it so you can be grateful now. Hope that helped.
  2. Burn down your TOE and see what is left in the ashes. What is left when you burn everything down is what is True. There are no individual bubbles. Only ONE bubble.
  3. It’s called spiritual selection. It’s like natural selection but with spiritual folk. If you don’t post productively, then what are you doing here but wasting yours and everyone’s time? Cheers.
  4. @Vynce How long was the total video?
  5. I agree. The people who cannot handle it should be in therapy and not on here. I think a paywall would help because people who are not ready for it will most likely not pay. Why pay for a video that will make you worse if you can pay for a therapist to make you better? For those who are ready, they will enjoy and learn from solipsism and the misconceptions. @Leo Gura
  6. I am honestly really bummed. This was the one video I was really looking forward to. I wish people could take a quiz or something and those who pass it could watch it or something like that lol. I guess I am just gonna have to stop imagining that there ever was a solipsism video. Leo, please consider uploading it in the future. If you feel like it is too big for us to handle, can you give us a quiz, have a paywall, or build us up to it? Don't let the children derail your work. Some of us here are adults who are ready for Truth. Let the spiritual selection take its course for those who don't want Truth. @Leo Gura
  7. Right. However, racism is based on emotions and not logic. If people relied more on logic, rationality, and contemplation, the idiocy of racism will be seen through. Yes logic and emotions will always be tied together. It makes a logical person smh when they see so many people being zombies who don’t think or question anything. A logical person is not separate from their illogical fools who run society and make its laws. But that is my perspective on that. Yeah that makes sense. I do see the limits of logic because it is a linear way of thinking, but I still think it is a step up from belief and emotional reactions. Intuition seems like a trans-rational mode that we have, but i think intuition can be easily confused with confirmation bias for those who don’t know how to discern between the two. Right and people who put their beliefs and emotions above logic and truth also do so from emotions as well. We cannot escape emotions no matter what a logical person says and nor would I want to be devoid of emotions. Logic to me is what helps us keep our emotions in check so that way they have less of a control over us. Thanks for your all’s responses! I think this makes much more sense now. So many ways to perceive something lol.
  8. I totally agree with the cartoon png of how (I am paraphrasing here) “the world would be better if people relied more on logic than their feelings.” https://www.actualized.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/logical.png I think people need to use more critical thinking and contemplate. I am not for sure what the png is implying. It sounds like Leo was trying to point out how the logic person was contradicting themselves, and they were going based off their feelings. I think I get it. I mean everything is based off of feelings. Logic is never devoid of feelings, but what makes logic more effective is that logic is able to think beyond emotional reactions and be more conscious in decision-making. My take is that the logical person has those feelings towards people who are being illogical, which I think are valid. By illogical, I mean people who don’t self-reflect and think critically about life. I mean this seems obvious to me that all of mankind’s problems stem from lack of critical thinking and not able to put their emotions in check. If society was logical, then racism, sexism, scandals, and all other bias and bullshit would cease to exist. What really is bias other than one letting their emotions cloud their judgment? If everyone contemplated for one hour a day on how they are full of shit, then humanity would make the most progress ever before. Stories of Jesus and Buddha will become laughable and racism, sexism, etc. would all become a distant dreams by the progress of everyone living a contemplative lifestyle. Of course, that will never happen.
  9. Contemplate Leo’s self-bias episode. This is what you are doing right now. Writing a book takes time. How would you feel if the situation were reversed and you depended on sales for a living?
  10. The real meditation only begins when you get off the couch and get after it every day! Running meditation is what people need more of. This sitting around bullshit encourages people to be sedative and live sedentary lifestyles, and not to mention likelihoods for arthritis and possibly blood clots. This has been my biggest objection to meditation. Our bodies were made to be active. Thanks for the story and reminder to never forget the true meditation that was inspired to me by Rocky Balboa, David Goggins, and Forrest Hump, and you.
  11. I know. That is the mind screwer for me. Reality would be so limited if the perceptions of my room right now were all that existed and everything else being my imagination. In my experience, this is true. I am imagining other direct experiences within my direct experience while I’m looking at my hands and phone and typing. I also think it’s foolish to think that other life forms are lifeless inside or have no internal world and their own direct experiences. Even if I can never experience racism or someone’s own direct experience seems to me like it does not mean that there is nothing happening beyond my limited direct experience even if I am imagining it. I don’t think I can ever experience (as r0ckyreed) the perceptual bubble or direct experience of Donald Trump. But I (as God) is living through both of them and experiencing them both. If I was fully aware and could experience all perceptual bubbles, the whole notion of a perceptual bubble would seem to collapse into an infinite singularity. But it seems like to have any subjective experience, reality would have to limit itself and split itself apart from itself to play the game through many different ways for all eternity. Okay. I have been thinking of imagination as I am thinking of a purple elephant in a Las Vegas Club. But I get how in a dream, I am also imagining the whole reality I am in. In this reality, I am open to that being the case that God is imagining a reality that cannot be unimagined by the ego. The issue I have with comparing life to a dream is that in a dream, I am the only perceptual bubble or direct experience and all other characters or people hinge upon my imagination, as it seems. All I have of reality is my perceptions and thoughts. Unlike a dream, I still think that the other characters I see are different individuations of myself that is experiencing each life form and character right now even if the ego of r0ckyreed’s direct experience cannot experience their direct experience. If the ego of r0ckyreed could experience the ego or perceptual bubble of Leo Gura then it would become a new ego? It seems like there are many perceptual experiences and egos that God is imagining at a deeper level that appear real and unimaginable to the ego. It’s just that to be an ego seems to mean to be locked in their own bubble and not being able to experience other bubbles of God. I think the ego is vital for this game that is being played by the Universe.
  12. @Leo Gura But isn’t my imagination limited and make believe? Isn’t Ultimate Reality that which exists when I stop imagining and believing in it? Shouldn’t I not confuse the limitations of my mind for reality? Or do you mean that God imagines the differences between which forms it will experience? Thank you ? Ain’t that the damn truth. ?
  13. Yeah. I agree that Direct Experience is more fundamental than concepts but the tricky thing is that Direct Experience is still limited to the perspective of r0ckyreed or LastThursday or whoever you are. This issue is that I can assume that my direct experience is not the only one. That is solipsism. But that Direct Experience is fragmented and spread across infinite life forms experienced by the ONE Being. This also presents issues because if there are infinite perspectives that are being shared together and not shared together (in cases of hallucinations or whatever), what is in the gaps of our experience? When I stop observing you, you cease to appear within my direct experience and I from yours. It’s like saying that if I become deaf, then music and sound ceases to exist. But it ceases to exist relative to deaf people and exists relative to non-deaf people. And maybe other senses like telepathy could exist for aliens. Maybe we could say that sound and telepathy do exist, but we just do not have access to those senses as humans. What would we say if an alien came down with telepathy? Would we say that it doesn’t exist because it is not in my direct experience and therefore am imagining it? I don’t know. Lol. The senses are all that we appear to have, and we could know telepathy or not based on what we observe and conceptualize. It’s hard for me to believe that when I go to sleep at night that the whole human world ceases to exist and that I go into a new one if I am dreaming. But at the same time, I feel like reality is intersubjective (it is shared and created amongst all the forms and parts of God). EDIT: I have been thinking about it more and I am wondering what an object, subject, experience or thing is that cannot be experienced or perceived by the senses? All we know is through senses and through thoughts and intuition. If I cannot see that object or hear it or feel it or think about it, it is as if it does not exist from my experience. The fact that I can think of something seems to make it exist in form of a thought. But the issue is that like we discussed, “what about the actual object?” If you can see, touch, and feel an object I don’t. It exists to you but not for me. Could I then conclude that just because I can’t see it or think of it now, that it doesn’t exist? I’m just thinking out loud (or rather on the forum with y’all). ?. From the quote I gave you below from Home With God, every possible thing exists when I am not observing it. My observation of something is a mental construction of picking out one reality out of infinite possibilities which is kinda creepy. That’s cool. Thanks for your insight and thoughts! It reminds me of the quote above that I wrote from Home With God that opened me up to a modified take on idealism/realism.
  14. Yeah. That’s what I am saying. If God has no restrictions since God is infinite, then it seems like realism is true relative to the egoic point of view. But from Absolute, the relative and reality are imagined by the Absolute. People compare life to a dream, but if that were the case, then solipsism would be true. But since God is experiencing infinite individuations of itself, life is not like a dream. Whenever I wake up from my dreams, everything in my dream dies and wakes up with me. But this isn’t how it appears to work here and now. I could awaken right now, but the other individuations of God would still be asleep? Just like in life, I can wake up from bed and my parents can be asleep. I can realize that I am them and they are me, but God will not stop their journey of being an ego because I have finished mine. Hope this all makes sense.
  15. It’s kind of paradoxical. If I interpret reality literally based on my subjective experiences then no, I do not see a head, brain, nor my d**k, and nor a duck right now. But, based off of what has been demonstrated by science, our subjective experiences are highly influential by objective events like brain, neurons, electrochemical imbalances, and what have you. I have never seen my brain before so I am assuming I have one based off the logic that a brain is needed for experience to happen at the human level that it is right now. What would actually seeing a brain be anyways? The brain is interpreting the world and yet, the brain itself is an interpretation by the brain, which sounds very trippy lol. Given the science behind cognitive psychology and various other disciplines, the human brain has been demonstrated to be central to human experience. If you look at split-brain patients, they interpret reality very differently because their corpus callosum was severed. If you cut into BA44 (Broca’s area), then a person can no longer speak. If you sever the occipital lobe, then you cannot see, and if you cut out the hippocampus, you won’t have any memories. Now, I have never experienced these experiments and nor would I want to do them on myself. I can assume that if I were to cut out my BA44, then I would also experience Broca’s aphasia. What is the difference between logic and contemplation? Isn’t the way you figure stuff out by deeply contemplating what is? I realize that one should start out with meditation first and then move to analytical meditation or contemplation. And also, I do not know if logic or contemplation is a dead end from my point of view. I realize that logic and contemplation is conceptual and reality is actual so I can see where that could be a problem if I am devoid of actuality. But I think contemplation done right is aligned and integrates actuality and concepts together for a deeper understanding of both and their relationships to each other. Just meditating alone I don’t see conducive for long term because then you neglect critical thinking, which is a must to avoid self-deception and bias. I get it lol. I think it is safe to assume that your existence does not hinge on mine lol. I mean people are dying all the time right now and yet the world is still here. Thanks for your replies and thoughtfulness. I have been thinking about this crap for a while and will continue till I die.
  16. @Vynce @Nahm Thanks for your all’s replies! But how does all of this explain how there are objects in consciousness that have internal worlds (are conscious) and there are objects that don’t. For instance, other humans appear to me as objects from my point of view, but I know that their soul is behind their eyes from my point of view. However, from their point of view, there is no eyes or head and I am merely an object whose subject is their imagination. What makes one object have a subject and another not? A human has a subject or inner world of thoughts and feelings, but a chair doesn’t. A dead human is no different from a chair. You see the problem with consciousness? What gives rise to subjectivity? If you say nothing or that subjectivity is the foundation for all objects, then how do you account for other human being objects who have subjects (internal worlds) vs. objects like a brick or chair that don’t? Maybe bricks have the subjective experience of being brick, and humans have the subjective experience of being human. But supposing bricks do have a subjective experience, then how is a subjectivity experience of being a brick any different from no subjective experience at all? A brick does not feel pain because it has no nerve cells or c-fibers, nor any brain to commute any experience. And for those who say “brains don’t exist or are imaginary, then consider that for God to experience a human, God needs to experience a human brain. No brain, no human experience. No brick, no brick experience? The problem with idealism is that it says that when I stop observing something, it ceases to exist. That means that when I stop observing a human object, the human object ceases to exist, and from this logic, solipsism is unavoidable because the egoic-mind cannot observe another egoic-mind. But it is infallible to conclude that other people don’t exist because I don’t see them because then what am I when they aren’t observing me? This is why I find it misleading when people say “you are God” or “you are the only thing that exists” or “there is only one bubble” because this is a misconception. The ego is Satan and the absence of ego is God. There are infinite bubbles of perception, which you could call ONE Bubble because infinity is Oneness, but it is still confusing because it could be interpreted as I (ego) is the only bubble that exists. Or I (God) is the only bubble that exists. You see how confusing that is and why people are misled to solipsism? If it is true that there are infinite bubbles that the One God is experiencing all through, then that also must mean that Direct Experience isn’t all there is. That means there is stuff happening behind the scenes even if the ego is imagining it because ego’s perspective is a limited bubble of the infinite sponge! Think about that. I know some of you will say “the ego never dies because the ego is an illusion.” But even when the human form of r0ckyreed dies, the world will still continue to exist for the rest of you. If everything is an illusion, that implies that the illusion of everything exists. If illusion doesn’t exist, then everything cannot be an illusion.
  17. “We human beings are the individuation of the Singularity experiencing life sequentially and simultaneously.” — Home With God, Ch. 17 “A thing does not suddenly appear when you see it. You seeing it makes it appear to you. Those who dabble into quantum physics say that nothing is there until you see it. Your seeing puts it there … In Ultimate Reality, things are there before you see them. That is, multiple possibilities exist at all times. Every conceivable outcome of every conceivable situation exists right here right now. The fact that you only see one of them does not put it there, it puts it here in your mind.” - Ch. 17 “The singularity is what some of you call God … you are the singularity … you are the individuation of the singularity … you can split your Self up and move in many directions. You call these various moments through the time space continuum as lifetimes … The continuous cycle of self (for eternity) is (living with God). Death is an energy shift … Remaining with one physical body for all eternity would not serve the purpose of Eternity itself. The purpose of Eternity is to provide you with a contextual Field of timelessness within which to offer you an opportunity for endless experience with limitless variety in the expression of who you are.” — Ch. 18, Home With God
  18. Aren’t we still in the middle of a pandemic? Omicron and all that crap is still here, and it won’t fix itself. We all take responsibility. Stay home. Meditate. If you do go out, for love of God (?) please wear a mask to stop the spread. For me personally, I would hate to be part of the murder chain of spreading Covid to someone who dies. It’s like indirect murder. Stay safe y’all.
  19. Figure out what “you” is that is God and then there you will have your answer.
  20. Consciousness is Infinity. It holds every possible perspective of every living thing. When you take infinite povs to the fullest, you realize it is all one. There is no your point of view and my point of view. There is no my or you. There is just the Universe experiencing itself through all variations of itself in which right now, it is looking through the eyes of “you” and “me.” The real question to be asked is why is the universe experiencing Javfly33 and not R0ckyreed at the moment? The answer is that you are experiencing R0ckyreed and others but you are only conscious of Jayfly33. So the next question to ask is why is the Universe focused on this human Jayfly33 form instead of some other form like an ant or something. But again, these questions (if not all questions) assume a duality. For instance, your ego is created by the mind, which is created by many different cells and systems in your body from which you do not even experience. Without these unconscious systems, your conscious ego you have now would not exist. Think of the whole world like a living organism with you being inside of a gigantic brain. That is what is going on here. The Universe is playing a game with itself. It is really fascinating to think this all this through. This is “Solipsism” with a capital S (understanding Consciousness to be One and all Alone) vs. thinking your human egoic point of view is all there is. See the difference?
  21. What are your top 5 guiding values for life? Do you act impulses or act based on your values? Acting on impulses is a representation of what you value. In fact, everything you do is a representation of what you value. What do you value most in life. Here are my top 5 values and how they have changed over time. List your own top 5. Top 5 Values (2020): 1. Spirituality/Philosophy/Personal Development 2. Creativity 3. Ambition 4. Freedom 5. Authenticity Top 5 Values (2021): 1. Spirituality/Philosophy/Truth 2. Mastery/Adventure/Blissipline 3. Fortitude 4. Humor/Playfulness 5. Creativity REVISED - Top 5 Values (2021): 1. Spirituality 2. Justice/Integrity/Compassion 3. Mastery 4. Fortitude 5. Playfulness/Humor/Wit ___________________________________________________ What do you all think? What are your top 5 values right now and how have they evolved over time since you started contemplating them? May peace be with you.
  22. I want you to think about this scene from Hawkeye series. It gives you the perspective of people in the blip. (If the link doesn’t work, it is the scene from Hawkeye from the point of view of Yelena waking up from the blip). https://youtu.be/7hYg0w9ZINU A lot of people think that when they die, they will be put in a dark room of nothingness. What you really find is something much more radical. It is just like going to sleep. When you go to sleep and wake up, it is as if you never slept. In your experience, you lay down and wake up. When you wake up, you have thoughts about your sleep that we call dreams. Dan Dennett has a theory on dreaming in which we do not dream while we sleep, but rather, we invent it as we wake up. The same is with your ideas of the past and with the idea of death. It is all a story. When you die, you will have the same experience as being born. Compared to the Universe, going to sleep and waking up at 8 hours later we assume is the same as the Universe creating the Big Bang 8 billion years ago. 8 hours and 8 billions years are all the same in the eye of the universe. They are a “blip.” Look at the spirituality of the Marvel-verse. It is really profound. What is more profound is that it is our universe creating more and more of itself. I had a similar experience to Yelena while I was under anesthesia. It was as if I never fell asleep or took anesthesia. It was as if I reinvented everything. I could remember being nothingness and slowly coming back into ego/form. It was crazy. The weird thing was is that it’s as if no time passed at all. That’s cause there is no time I guess that’s why death is an illusion because Eternity can never die. Very mind blowing stuff. What are your thoughts?
  23. Go back to meditating.