How To Deal With Confusion

By Leo Gura - November 29, 2016 | 20 Comments

Letting go of your need to know

Comments
Sevi says:

Special thanks to this episode. It lightened my blind spot that I was not even aware of. It’s surprising to find yourself arrogant after years of work.. but also reminds you that why consistency is this crucial.

Jane says:

Very good. Very helpful. Thanks.

Ragnhild says:

I love listening to you. I Wish one day I can deliver my wiewers all of this devine truths you are bringing, in the beautyful and wise way that you are delivering.

PS. I still want to meet you, it would have been a very good conversation.

Ragnhild.

Naseem says:

sorry i’m confused !

If i don’t search for the answer and just let go of the outcome or answer
then why would i be “granted ” the answer?

How can i find something i’m not looking for?

I embrace i’m confused that’s understandable but to let go scares me, i feel like i wont take action because i don’t have a goal to strive for

Brett Miller says:

Naseem,

“…why would I be granted an answer?”

One way it goes down is that your ego was blocking you from seeing an answer you already had/have. Once you learn to loosen that grip, often the heretofore unseen answer drops right down into your hands — Surprise!

You may NOT be granted an answer.

That’s reality.

The challenge for you is to accept that. Otherwise you’re in denial about it.

Tom says:

Boy, did this video hit the nail on the head. This subject, I have found is the very core of my issues. My ego does mistake confusion with it’s own version of reality…and usually creates negative thoughts taken to mythic proportions. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but this video had points that directly relate to the way I handle confusion….Thanks Leo!

Max says:

Leo, you said you spend lots of time researching. Do you plan on making videos that focus on more – what would by social norms be considered – ‘far out’ concepts such as channeling and exploring out of body, and have you explored these experiences yourself? Or are you hoping to keep your channel more ‘grounded’ in a sense?

Brett Miller says:

Well, if those are goals are aspirations for hobby activity (OBE, WILD, etc.) then getting serious about meditation could get you there. Of course, you would have to make a lifestyle change and start doing it every day. Then you would eventually stumble upon those things and how to be aware of them, create the causes and conditions for them to arise and be experiences for you.

…but such effort into meditation could yield much more fulfilling results, and that’s what Leo is presenting to you, with his spiritual video series especially.

Eventually, if you stick with it, a shift occurs where you actually start learning more from your mind, self, and its tactics than you do when you pull out the books and websites. Eventually you cut the “middle man” out and just sit most all the time, though a spiritual teacher is indespensable, especially if he or she is older and more experienced than yourself.

I will talk about those things in the future. Although we got bigger fish to fry for now.

Christine says:

Excellent teaching, will practice this. Thanks.

Brett Miller says:

Absolutely, it was a nice “go back to Start” for me who was already getting confident he was mastering “don’t know mind”, and some of Leo’s examples hit right on the head — mine. :)

Another video which would be helpful for me, due to exciting things grasping and hijacking my mind/attention/awareness. Case in point, I’ve already replied to about 3 replies here, out of an excitement that feels so deceptively positive, it tends to take me over and dictate subsequent actions. Yikes!

isaac says:

Verry lovely I hope and wish i cud meet you one day. Coming from nigeria

Sanna says:

I like the beginning of this video where you describe confusion as a good thing. It feels good to know that what I naturally understand is right. Idk. Brilliant explication!

Gavin says:

I must comment on the face you pulled for this video… I personally found it to be equal parts hilarious and great :D

Alice says:

Leo, great video!

Thank you for all of the insights. Sharing it.

All the best!

Alice

Louise says:

Grrr’s of Frustration… sigh of acceptance. Thank you as always. Happy for your revelation too.

Madhu says:

Thanks a lot Leo for the innumerable snippets of wisdom delivered through multiple videos. And I was glad to hear you talk on how some of your videos spoon feed and sometimes give ready-made answers. Very very important for a seeker to know that true knowing or answers cannot come from borrowed knowledge outside him/her but at the most it can point in the right directions.
Though not entirely related to this video, I’ve the following questions for you.

a) You recently spoke on becoming a modern-sage. So, I was wondering why aren’t you diving into it full-time, but instead choosing to deliver this content while simultaneously doing the inner work? Because when true knowing/enlightenment experiences happen from within, isn’t the intellectual research that you do making you more identified with the mind?
b) You’ve also alluded in many of your videos how it might take decades for someone to get into higher states of consciousness, but you also say that you have witnessed dramatic results (and I see that) in the last 5-6 years of work?How does one reconcile this? Is any reference to past-life being withheld intentionally?
c)In the video on psychedelics, if my memory serves me right, you mentioned that it’s okay to take mushrooms once a week. Isn’t that too frequent and kind of a short-cut and an escape mechanism for an authentic seeker?

Robin says:

This leads to not needing to know… When the mind loses the need to know, this makes space. When there is space, then the true wisdom can come.
Yes Leo, yes, yes, yes.
A lovely example of getting out of your own way.

Thanks, Leo.

Hue says:

Leo, what you say about figuring things out versus letting the answers be revealed is so true. I have always been good at figuring out convergent problems — like math — and made the mistake of trying to treat divergent problems — the problems that require the reconciling of two seemingly irreconcilable options — the problems of life — as though they were convergent problems. This mistake resulted in a mess of confusion so deep and so tall that I was forced to surrender to it and finally embrace it. Funny thing happened when I quit trying to figure it all out — the answers began to come on their own. Often slowly, but at other times in cascades, and then again I’m still waiting on many. It’s counter-intuitive, but certainly not magical. All of my trying to figure out the impossible-to-figure-out was just blocking the door of revelation. It did SEEM magical at first, but once I became aware of this phenomenon it now seems as natural as breathing. I don’t have the certainty of having all the answers, but I do have the certainty of knowing I’ll have the ones I need — including the un-answers that keep me embracing confusion. That’s quite a different feeling. Having my pride take a massive hit never felt so good!