Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Puer Aeternus

Who’re Some More Brilliant Theorists From Various Fields?

1 post in this topic

To explain briefly, I’m currently in a phase of exploring various ideas with an interdisciplinary taste to them. I know I know, these theories don’t really mean anything. I don’t take them too serious, I just enjoy playing with ideas like a child plays with legos. 

The problem is, as I read and study more into various fields, there’s typically a lot of fluff and nonsense to sort through. Lots of theories that are too obviously simplistic to be much fun to play with. While the booklist and spiral dynamics mega threads are great resources and have helped me much, there’s still several areas of interest not covered by these. 

The individuals I’m more specifically seeking have deep knowledge of their field but aren’t unwilling to branch out to others, are nuanced and openminded, relatively neutral, and have elements of second tier thinking. 

Examples of thinkers I’ve discovered so far, not covered in booklist: 

• Marshall McLuhan (how media influences us both individually/collectively)
  • Urie Bronfenbrenner (how larger sociological contexts impact developmental psychology)
  • Moshé Feldenkrais (combined physical therapy and mindful awareness to alter posture/body tension patterns)
  • Ron Kurtz (systems thinking applied to psychotherapy and body awareness) 
  • Paul Chek (holistic and in-depth approach to health, nutrition, and fitness)

Areas of personal interest I’d love some recommendations for:

• Sociology 
  • Anthropology
  • Ecology 
  • Economics
  • Education 
  • Conscious group management 
  • Linguistics 
  • History
  • Political science/government
  • Environmental Science
  • Biology
  • Epidemiology
  • Kinesiology 
  • Anatomy/Physiology
  • Applied Statistics
  • Any other thinker you’re passionate about but isn’t included on this list

Not expecting all areas to be filled, more just curious to see what other people have! Thanks for taking the time to consider.