The Sopranos - The Greatest TV Series Ever Made

The Mystical Man
By The Mystical Man in Off-Topic: Pop-Culture, Entertainment, Fun,
It's incredible how well-written this show is. There is nothing like it and there never will be anything to equal it. To create a show like The Sopranos you first have to create a human being like David Chase, and I doubt the world of television will ever see that kind of genius again. I think the character of Tony Soprano is even better than Walter White.  This is my favorite scene: Very subtle. Beautifully shot. Great performance by James Gandolfini. And I love that song. I think it's the relationship between Tony and Dr. Melfi that made this show special: I love Melfi. She is mature, intelligent, and classy.  Robert McKee analyzed Walter White to be more dimensional than Tony, but I like Tony more than Walter, because he's a more plausible character. Walter's transformation is fascinating but unrealistic. Breaking Bad is a thrilling ride, but, in my opinion, there's more emotion in The Sopranos. At least in the long-run. David Chase sacrifices short-term pleasures for long-term satisfaction. 
  • 28 replies