Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rito

Path Towards Self Mastery

2 posts in this topic

Well,first of all I would like to thank Leo and Actualized.org for providing this platform.I am very optimistic about it's potential.I have been following Leos videos for some time although not very regularly,but I must say that each is a genuine marvel and I can see just how much effort and research that goes into each of them.

I really like the fact that his videos are long and elaborate,as the depth he goes into can only be covered in long videos and I earnestly try to stick with him to the end despite a busy schedule.I would encourage him on making long videos,as these leave us thirsty for more .

As time went by I sorted most of the things in my life at the age of 21,while most of my peers struggled and this is largely due to my getting initiated at the remarkable journey of self help  at the age of 14 .I acquired this habit mostly from my father, although unconsciously (he never taught me this).But I became a voracious reader solely due to him and started gulping down book after book.What mesmerized me back then and it still does now is that how limitless this journey of self mastery is.How infinite and boundless this journey is and the fact that no matter how far I progress I still feel like an amateur.I think that no arena in life is so inexhaustible as this field of personal development.The more you level up the more you begin to realize just how much low consciousness you had.And one thing it can do to you is it can totally blow your mind to the point where you become lost in this infinite ocean of possibilities.Your brain just freezes due to all this overload.The journey is arduous,and you have to undertake it alone.

I get excited when Leo talks of the things that I realized through my journey(which is a tiny percentage of what Leo has covered),and I feel like "Shit ,he is saying the exact same thing I felt".Leos teaching sometimes open new vistas and sometimes consolidates the old ones which I was unsure of.

Now I have encountered an obstacle on my own journey,I am now wholeheartedly focused on enlightenment and the other higher states,But what happens to me is that I keep deviating and losing my way.I keep getting confused as to which video to watch,which books to follow what to practice an the lot.What I am missing out due to this is that I am not looking inward and and the introspection that I should devote myself is suffering. I could go on and on about this but to make a long story short I was thinking about an Enlightenment course just like the Life Purpose course.This could chalk out a basic guideline so as to keep us from going astray,and keep moving forward.

All thoughts in this topic are welcome,and keep self -actualizing folks

"Everything in moderation, including moderation."-Oscar Wilde

Hi Rito. Welcome; great to have you aboard. I agree, Leo's videos are long and elaborate - exactly what I enjoy. I appreciate how Leo goes deep into each topic in a no bullshit way!

And good on you for starting working on yourself from such a young age. If I think back, I don't think I could say I was active in pursuits such as reading self development books or anything, although I have always had a curiousity of people and of life. As far as I can remember back, I really think I have been on this journey.

It sounds like you have a strong desire to follow a path. May I say, remember it's a journey - be careful about thinking it's a destination you seek. Perhaps you need to be lead down different avenues along the way; this may feel to you like confusion. What I do when I can't get in touch with what is going on within me is to pause, breathe, allow the feeling and then go with my intuition. When something feels 'right', I go with that. 

Key for me is staying in the present moment and accepting what it is now! Best wishes.

PS: I'm 54 years young :D and still learning - and loving it!