Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elizabeth Noakes

Switching Off

2 posts in this topic

Hi there everyone 

I myself currently am finding it very hard to switch off my brain and be in the moment. I'm working on some self help videos of my own at the moment on Facebook and find its stressing me out because I really want a good response. I know I need to appreciate and enjoy the journey I'm on currently and not be so caught up in the end goal. I meditate every day for about 15-20 mins. I also am changing my thought process into positive ones so I can control my emotions better. Does anyone have any tips of how to remain in the present moment and switch off? I swear I must think 100 thoughts a minute. Sleeping is getting harder too X any comments or ideas would be appreciated :) X 

Allow your thoughts to drown you.. sounds counter-intuitive but let it Be.  The thoughts won't stop anyways so just allow them to be and watch them as if you were watching a Movie. But don't identify with the thoughts aka the movie just remember you are the watcher of thoughts/the movie.

Practice mindfulness everyday always 24/7 then your awareness will expand , it will help a ton you just gotta do it ... ;)