the_wanderer

How do you know if what you are doing today is actually moving you toward your LP?

1 post in this topic

This was one of the big problems I had when I at 16 finished the life purpose course 4 years ago. And if you look at my profile picture and username that I created back then, it roughly reflects my state at 16.

When I was 13 I started programming and I was able to see that the traditional education system was not the most effective way to become a programmer. I'm pretty sure I also knew back then that I was not going to be programming for the rest of my life but that I would be able to get a job as a programmer if I ever needed one. You might say I was a bit too optimistic, but I had my first client I worked for and earned $ 1500 at 14.

So at 16 I choose to leave the education system to learn on my own. I was faced with the harsh reality of no longer being part of a system. No external structure, no teachers saying what you should or should not do. I did well back then, but it was much more like that  I found this interesting, let me complete a course about it and then that would lead to the next thing. The life purpose course was one of the first courses I went through and I still have the notes from back then.

I have to say that the course was valuable but as Leo also says, he would not coach young people since they would not have enough life experience to be able to know what their life purpose was. At the end of the course I ended up with this life purpose:

"I want to build a team that makes software that completely changes peoples lives"

It is in the right direction as you will find out soon.

At 17 I discovered systems thinking from actualized.org and later Getting Things Done by David Allen. I found it so exciting to develop a system that could take all the things in your head and organize it into projects and tasks. I then found even more advanced ways of organizing your information. How you could develop a

Learnings system that would make you extremely effective at learning (A mini version of the educational system develop for self study)

Planning system that would make you continuously be aligned with your life purpose

Organizational system that would manage all information about the different areas of your life

Right before I turned 18 I got a job as a part-time developer and this way I got the money to be able to pay thousands of dollars for coaching from different people who know a lot about personally managed systems.

Now at 20, I have a very effective system that keeps me aligned with my life purpose. I call it a Personal Information Management System (PIMS).

Right now I’m going through my notes from the Life Purpose Course again. This is my first draft "Unify Humanity In A Cohesive System" and my sub purpose is to "align individuals with their purpose". I know I want to help individuals with a bigger purpose align themself with it by implementing a system that supports them to insure progress. Creating crystal clarity about what they need to do today, that is aligned with what you want to do this week, month, quarter, year, 4 years, 10 years, 20 years and your lifetime.

The 4 year and above is possible, but most people would get so much out of getting a system that would just manage from days to a year.

Then later I want to help teams in companies, then entire companies and then maybe get into government.

If you can see the value in having a self imposed system rather than an external imposed system (the education system, the work system at a job) that you can change so it most effectively supports you doing the things that will make your life purpose a reality then please send me a message so we can talk. Right now I really just want to talk with more people and find out what you actually want. Maybe we will also set up a system for you.

PS. If you want then I could also explain how the ideas from leos video about systems thinking apply to a personally managed system.

Edited by the_wanderer
Changed title to say LP instead of Life Purpose