Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Megan Alecia

Wellness

7 posts in this topic

Wellness

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Order:

spiraldynamics.jpg

817235127.jpg

graves-spiral-dynamics-mba-32773_screens

spiral-dynamics1.jpg

Everyone has his/her own unique perspective apropos life and human existence at large, albeit one that belongs to a greater, all-encompassing value system, with its own unique set of UNIVERSAL beliefs/ideologies or principles. All of these systems has been demystified and classified by means of the Spirals Dynamics model.

tumblr_mav7oxxp4r1rq72aho1_500.jpg

One could say that Spiral Dynamics is applicable to just about any piece of idea that carries weight with us on both a collective and individual level, given how it inherently deconstructs our/human value/belief systems, both of which are the most fundamental sources of order and meaning in our lives.

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Meaning:

Jordan Peterson's "12 Rules for Life" is a snappy title, although the concept of life being defined by "rules" doesn't strike me as particularly accurate. I suppose there'd be a set of laws, maybe 100 life laws, but which are pantheistic/inherent by nature (as opposed to man-made ones/rules), not to mention invisible to us.

I have my own rules, although they're by no means all-encompassing, because guess what, people are different! Without much further ado:

a) Don't try to be liked

I did this in my 9th and 10th grade (Philippine school system) and let me tell you I was bullied for this.

b) Don't try to be liked even by your friends

"Man cannot well go on existing on his own and this is why he likes to join a party, because this is where he finds, if not tranquillity, at least composure and security." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I want friends who are authentic, and honestly, easy to be with. This isn't a matter of reason for me, because I wouldn't know how to be with people otherwise.

c) Meditate

If you're diligent enough, the results will start appearing in your life. Anxious thoughts without any particular reason would be gone, and you'd feel lighter and calmer in general. It's not a panacaea though, just one important piece to the puzzle.

d) My first profile tagline

Having the courage to bring about your innermost power = most philosophical systems have a term for this, things like "the Ubermensch", "the true self", "the self-actualized person", "the individuated/constellated self", "the higher self", and so on and so forth. This particular kind of courage can only be reached through saying yes to a "call to adventure" (knowledge of it in the first place, usually through a challenging life condition.)

e) My second profile tagline

If there is any purpose to life at all, it would be found in existence. In pursuit of an essential order (through religion and science) we found out that there is in fact no intrinsic order at all (I'm a nihilist, although in an agnostic way, meaning I am not sure but for now all I can see around me is NIHILISM). But at the same time, meaning still rules the world. Even the existence of so-called personality disordered people are governed by it, and regular human beings are by no means exceptions. Most of us find meaning in the ordinary, the norm (or in pursuit of it/cloaked through the term "happiness") but digging a little deeper it isn't hard to see that the most profound things and concepts are aptly the hardest to find, although recently the New Age movement has done a big part in bringing this particular kind of search to the mainstream/popular culture.

Edited by Megan Alecia

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Just finished organizing my Instagram saved photos and its beautiful, like the whole of the human condition in one collection. It's really profound, lots of books and beautiful pictures of people I like. So yeah.

Edited by Megan Alecia
Just like a starry night.

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

We are emotional beings. This is the source of both so much pleasure and pain in this world.

Its beyond words... how breathtaking everything is.

Edited by Megan Alecia

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

I'm the bad guy

DUH

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia