Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ann Brown

My Story

5 posts in this topic

I am a 61 year old, widowed, retired Social Worker, mother of 3 adults. After my husband of 37 years died in a car accident, I became involved with my former husband. Well that did not work out. What was I thinking? Now I see that I was trying to shorten the grief and feel "normal". It was only after I started listening to Leo and watched his videos, {some more than once} that I started to really see myself. I am still studying the Ego, still reading books that Leo recommends, joined the gym. I thought that my ex could rescue me since he seemed so interested and I could have a semblance of my old life back. Now I know it was my Ego needing to be feed. The strange thing is I cannot get my ex out of my head even though it is over. Throughout my day I do The can I stop thinking of John. Yes. Do I want to stop thinking of John? Yes. When do I want to stop? Now. I also meditate for at least 20minutes in am. This is a complete life change for me and I believe that if I master awareness and take advantage of the self help products, I can learn to love me and my life now.

Good luck in your journey Ann. Keep us informed in your progress and how your doing in letting go of things that perhaps are unattainable or even negative influences on finding "yourself".

Thank you DanoDMano for your reply. Letting go seems to evade me mentally also victim status. Will report any progress.

Greetings Ann,

You seem to have a good start.  Your perspective on things will change, sometimes dramatically, as you go deeper in these matters:

1. Who you "think" you are:  This is knowing about yourself in terms of beliefs and why you believe certain things;  behaviours and why those behaviours manifest; opinions (fixed, hard to change beliefs/thoughts that can trigger your emotional buttons) and why you have such opinions persist.

2. Who you are: A more advanced stage which is not about you, but rather what you actually ARE. This path is about you as "being". This is the area of major identity shift.  It is the road to self-realization if you wish to delve that deeply into understand reality.

Number 1. above will help you to understand the relationship between your thoughts and the "apparent" world that you interact with including personal relationships.  It will help you decipher the image that you have of who you think you are (self-image).  This is the path of self-actualization where you learn to approach as closely as possible the actuality of being the best you can be as a "person" interacting with the world.

Number 2 above is for those seeking that quantum leap in understanding.   It leads to a major shift in identity.  Not that it changes your identity, but you suddenly realize your true identity in the universe of manifestation, and also the true identity of everyone else.   Also the person that the world knows, now plays its role on the stage of life without the apparent confusion of previous experiences.

You have experienced much, but the greatest revelations are still to come.

joy :)

Edited by walt

Thank you Walt for your reply. I read this 3 times. This is so profound and gives me hope. I am sure I will come back to points 1and 2 as I continue this awareness journey. I appreciate that last statement, which gives me much encouragement.

Ann