Solipsism is Truth: Everything is Imagination

r0ckyreed
By r0ckyreed in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
So I have been doing the Actuality vs. Concept practice for a few days, and I realize that everything I thought was true is just imagination.   There is no me.   There is no you.  There is no mind.   There are no other minds.   The external world is imagination.  The internal world is imagination.   All memories are imagination. The perspectives of others are imagination. The Earth, stars, moon, sun are imagination. I am imagination. You are imagination. My parents are imagination (even if they are in the room with me, they are still imagination.  All that is within experience seems to be objects, colors, shapes, sensations, and space.  No minds.). I came to the conclusion that Direct Experience is all that exists.  The entire world is just this "perceptual bubble."  Anything that "I" imagination outside of this perceptual bubble is inside of the perceptual bubble.  This perceptual bubble or Direct Experience is not happening to anyone, it is what it is.  Everything else is imagination. All other perceptual bubbles are imagination.   All that exists is Direct Experience.  When "I" realized this, "I" realize that "I" am completely alone, and right now, "I" am talking to "my" imagination. This seems like Solipsism without a self, ego, or subject.  This perceptual bubble or Direct Experience (that the ego claims to own) seems to be the only thing that is Actual.  Everything else is imagination.  It's almost like "my" entire life, which is imaginary has been spent "talking" with its imaginary friends, within imagination.  How is this any different from Solipsism?   I remember reading Jed Mckenna's Spiritual Enlightenment book and he says that Solipsism "is defined as the belief that the only thing you can know for certain is that 'you' exist, and that any other true knowledge is impossible.  But, like I say, it's not really a belief.  It's just the way it is ... Body, planet, space, time, people, everything else is taken on faith" (Jed McKenna, p. 155-156). How is Direct Experience (DE) any different from Solipsism?  DE is all that is and can be known right?  There is no other way to "access" reality without DE.  Everything is DE.    
  • 155 replies