Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raghavm

Morality

3 posts in this topic

I just listened to the video of Leo talking about morality. I quite agree with it I would say. But I have a big fucking question in my mind. This is CHANGE.

Some of my friends smoke weed , drink a lot, have bad habits, talk shit about themselves, negative talk etc. I know its not healthy but they don't. If i want to make a change in people for good how can change their reality into a better side without keeping mine? If I drop judging that smoking weed daily is good or bad how can improve other people? Weed is just example i am giving to put out my point. Should I just let time make a change? 

Don't view smoking weed as "good" or "bad" in terms of morality, view it as part of causality. It can very definitely negatively affect your productivity, and therefore your life in general. People will be more willing to change when you make your points based on concrete causes and effects like this, rather than just saying something is inherently "bad" or whatnot.

10 hours ago, Raghavm said:

If i want to make a change in people for good how can change their reality into a better side

The problem here is that you want to change other people's behaviour and world views. You can't do this. You can't make other people do or be anything other than what they are. People only change when they derive the motive for that change internally, themselves. No external motive is going to have lasting effect and will most likely be met with resistance.

The only thing you can do in life is work on yourself. People will either see what you are doing, become inspired by it, and perhaps follow your lead, or they may dissassociate from you altogether and leave you. The only way to promote change in others is to set the example by concentrating on yourself. And have no expectation that others will follow suit. The more you want and expect others to change the longer you will live a dissapointing life fighting their resistance - which will be counter-productive and a distraction to your own personal growth.

It's a common mistake getting caught up in what other people are doing with their lives. We can waste years of our lives focussing on others when all the while we should be focussing on ourselves. As you do more personal development you will find that you become less interested in what others are doing and more interesting in creating your own fulfilling life. And, if people notice the quality of your life improving, they may just come to you for advice and inspiration. Or they may not. Either way, be ok with it.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu