Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
umiedotre9

Some questions around mining and the environment

2 posts in this topic

I'm just wondering what the cut off is between doing enough mining for resources and building your economy but also making sure you're environment doesn't turn to crap? Should you be mining a lot and building industrial buildings or only doing it a small bit so you don't damage your environment too much?192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l 

Edited by umiedotre9

Any answer would have to hinge on who "you" is.

Realistically, you are talking about a government with limited sovereignty as opposed to a smaller organization which would have little say in these matters or a truly sovereign polity which already has plenty of such buildings. In that case, the environment that matters most is not the air, soil, water and wildlife but the geopolitical environment because the first job of "you" is to survive. And if "you" have valuable stuff to mine and don't mine it, "you" are very likely to be overrun. So the first order of business is to control the mining in such a fashion that "you" don't piss off the people who could destroy "you" too much while using their needs for the services and stability "you" can provide to develop an infrastructure that would make "you" more able to stand up to them. As the saying goes, sell them the rope. Common mistakes at this stage include unrealistic ambitions and excessive borrowing.