Teags

Strange Experience

2 posts in this topic

I was going to make this post in the journal section but I don't see myself updating it on a regular basis. 

I have been practising a lot of mindfulness and reading books and listening to podcasts on spirituality. 

Today as I went for a jog and listening to my usual podcasts, my mind stopped. The trees and the grass were greener then I have ever seen them before, I had noticed the holes in the leaves. The voice coming out of my headphones was of intense clarity, the birds were beautiful as they flew and chirped above me. I jog here all the time and yet every thing looked like I had never seen it before & I felt this intense feeling of happiness? It was a strange experience and I felt this strong urge to touch the leaves on the trees. 

When I got home I meditated for an hour, during my meditation I put my awareness on my hands as they were touching each other and I have never felt them so soft, it was as if all of my nerve endings were magnified, I felt like my body could have had an orgasm just from the feeling of my hands. After the hour was up I put my hands over my eyes, my heart was racing as i felt my consciousness intensely. Everything was black and empty, it was rather frightening but at the same time it wasn't.

Now I feel sick like I want to throw up and confused. 

I'm not sure if this was some trick of my mind or meditation high? Has anyone else experienced anything similar or perhaps can share a video relating to it. 

Edited by Teags

Hey, I found an explanation to this!

Shinzen Young describes this with some formulas:

https://youtu.be/9u9nuSf9g1g

When your equanimity develops and you apply it to pleasant sensations you experience greater fulfilment, when your resistance to pleasure decreases you experience less frustration.

I have been meditating a lot recently and this has been happening to me to crazy degrees.
Just the brush of my cloths on my body or the refreshing feeling of a blink are extremely enjoyable.

As for the black emptiness; maybe you became aware of some subconscious processing for the first time? 
I'm not sure what this is to be honest. It's happened to me a lot and I'm still reasonably functional so it can't be all bad.