The observer

silence challenge

8 posts in this topic

im gonna attempt to use the least amount of words during the rest of the quarantine for as long as it lasts i will try to stop posting on any where or message any one electronically too and i will also try to be more aware and enjoy the silent spaces in the mind without going in to monkey mind and unnecessary looping thought patterns. i guess theres no better way to make use of the quarantine than this 

journaling here once a day to track consistency and for motivation and its okay to use the other journal as an emotional outlet 

the challenge starts tomorrow 

day #1

offline voluntarily word count: 40-50 words

offline involuntarily word count: about 100-120 words for little chats with random acquaintances

online word count (my journals dismissed): i wanted to comment on several topics on different platforms but i resisted so in total: 4 words on some topic here but deleted after 15 mins as i recalled the challenge + 10 words one comment on fb + one blue heart emoji on zeroISinfinity journal to show my love and gratitude

its craaaazy how much time we waste with useless conversations every day

off to sleep now

day #2

today i experienced insane cravings but was able to resist the temptations for the most part

offline voluntarily word count: less than 5 words

offline involuntarily word count: 4 words with two different strangers asking me about the time in the span of five minutes and i answered them both ten thirty + 2 words in the grocery store + about 40-50 words minutia communication

online word count (journals dismissed): 0 this one was extremely difficult i wrote a long post but didnt post it eventually 

mind is getting calmer

more presence and clarity in perception

i will stop journaling i can take care of the rest on my own 

Here we go again..

This time, I will only monitor my voluntary conversations. Anything else is allowed. Tomorrow, I will report.

Yesterday was good. I noticed that I was doing the challenge in a neurotic way before so this time I was more relaxed. I did not monitor everything but I have decreased unnecessary blabber for more than 75%. I'm going to continue with the challenge this way.

Need to apply more awareness and concentration to the practice. Mindfulness.