Be Fucking Patient! Summary

Juan Cruz Giusto
By Juan Cruz Giusto in Personal Development -- [Main],
Hofstadter’s Law: “It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account this law.” How sad would it be that you were on track to get some important accomplishment and you quit just inches ahead of your final goal? Maybe the only thing standing in your way between you and the success you want in your life is actually just patience. You are on this journey of self-actualization and what happens a lot of times is that you feel you are not getting the results you deserve give what you are putting in. It’s important to remember that you need more patience. Whatever your goals are, just be patient! Don’t psyche yourself out when you don’t get the results you expect. The mind will always try to expect more than what is happening. “People overestimate what they can do in 1 year but underestimate what they can do in 10 years”. You need to start think more long term! Growth is exponential but you need to stick with it for a long period of time. Success is made up by thousands of small steps. Big accomplishments don’t happen in one giant victory; it is an accumulation of small victories that with time generate really big results. RESULTS DON’T COME LINEARLY. You need to stick with it until you get through the point of inflexion where giant results await you. At the beginning of every project, that is the longest phase and the most emotionally difficult part. The beginning is like 80% of the work (a couple of years) but once it takes off you are done. The amount of patience you need to have in a project should be proportional to the significance of that project to your life. If it’s really significant, it is worth the time. Napoleon Hill researched for 20 years before creating his book. Really important projects: -          Meditation -          Financial Independence and Business -          Relationships and Dating -          Enlightenment In meditation and enlightenment work, the first few years are really challenging; you are going to pas though some difficult times but after that only peace remains. This applies to everything in your life. How to implement this principle of patience -          Be conscious of your self-talk in the first stages of your progress. Think long term! -          Create more room in your life for strategizing! You need an hour block of time every week to strategize and think about your life long term. Connect the dots and work towards your ultimate vision. -          Slow down your pace in your projects. The root is your impatience, expect that results will show in a longer time, be patient. Don’t rush the project. Accept that you will take twice as long to accomplish it. -          Focus on walking the path, it will transform your life if YOU STAY ON IT! Nothing will ruin your results than self-sabotage!   Remember that patience is not the same as waiting. You need to take action but be patient! Questions -          One area of my life that I’m trying to go to fast is… -          Why am I in such a rush? -          If it took twice as long, would it still be worth it? -          If I embrace the principle of patience I would… -          How would my expectations change if I care deeply about long term results? -          What exactly does a lazy pace look like for this project? -          What exactly does an impatient pace look like for this project? -          What exactly does a wise pace look like for this project?
  • 63 replies