Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peak

Personal Growth Is My Life

29 posts in this topic

Difficulty in the future

Someday I may have trouble growing in whatever I am doing and that is going to stall my progress.

streak counter: 0 (If only I didn't wasted time procrastinating [evening])

Meditation: Normal in the beginning than later on, I got quite a long period of quietness. Then I started to fart during meditation. This happens again and I thought that my mediation section was going to get interrupted by going to the bathroom, but it didn't .

I also procrastinated today because I was having trouble figuring out how to do this part when programming, but I solved the problem an hour later. The morning was off a good start but the evening was the part where I started to procrastinate. The meditation was at the same time again.       

Edited by MrPeak

Halfway though the year

Streak counter:0

Well I wasted my day again. I did do some reading on how to be a straight a student and I am on the last part of the book. But I was thinking, should I read more books like this in the future? I mean the only reason I am reading this book is to get better grades in highschool, even though it's for college students. If there's anything else to say is that I don't want to repeat a course and have to do it all over again. Which is one reason why I am reading this book. Another reason is to see how smart am I in the school system. But I do think the education system is flaw somewhat. Most of the stuff you learn is about theory. Quadratic formula anyone? And you end up forgetting about it. There are useful parts of math and other subjects. But if you arn't going to have a career that requires it than why study it? Just so you can be well rounded? Study the stuff you're interested in and be open minded about other things/subjects. 

My meditation wasn't really meditation. I meditated at the same time. The only thing that messay up my meditation was me moving my head around and body opening my eyes very close to when the meditation ended. And feeling that my body isn't straight when meditating.

I also can't believe the year is halfway over. Time does go faster when your older. The only way I been slowing it down is trying new things/learning. But even then the day stills goes fast. Even when I am meditating goes somewhat fast. It one hour of meditating. I wonder how fast my life would be if I was 100 years old, instead of 17. 

Edited by MrPeak

Fell asleep while meditating

streak counter:1(I actually did a lot today)

Yesterday was another of those days where I just wanted to sleep early and not write anything.

Meditation:(the day prior): It was only 34 minutes and the reason is that my mouth started to fill with saliva, and I try to hold it but ended up having to go to the bathroom just to split it out. Meditation(today): This meditation, I was being aware and making sure my body stood still, even though it didn't. The reason is that my body ended up moving and later on I actually think that I fell asleep while meditating. So I basically lost my consciousness and went to sleep not remembering anything. Then I "woke up". Well not really because when I got out of this sleepy state my eyes were still closed. After waking up I felt aware and peaceful and when the meditation ended, the time that I perceive felt slow because of that sleepy state that I got while meditating. Another thing is that I couldn't keep my body straight and it kept falling down and going back up. I guess my back wasn't perfectly straight.

I finally finish that book on about how to be a straight a student. Here is my review: Most of what he talks about is common sense in the beginning. And the things I learn from him are stuff that I could have been doing without realizing it. The essay part is useful though. Having to plan out, research, getting a second opinion, and reviewing 3 times on the computer, out loud,and a quick read(it's just one each).

I can't say that I will be going to college because of the high prices, and outdated course material that gets old by the time you're in your 3rd year of college. And the stuff I'm am studying can be done online for free.(programing, and other things I plan on doing)

I also had some fun in the pool and will be doing that tomorrow.

I also find that if I wake up early (7:00am) or earlier I actually get work done and all the stuff I need to do to have free time later in the day.

Update

There's a reason why I do personal development, even if it's hard. The first reason is that I don't want to become another cog member in society. In society you have to work, come home, complain about your job and how your life is turning out. Another reason is that I want the very best that life can give you. There's people out there who had so much potential, but ended up wasting it with a false relationship, or following someone else's lifestyle. There also people who have hidden potential but never realize it, because of the social conditioning they go though.

Now for the reason I haven't post in the last two days:getting distracted on the first day and not waking up early on the second day.

The first day was 4th of July, so I kind of got distracted with that. The second day I woke up late (9:30am). After several attempts at waking at 7:3x , 8:0x and 9:00. What really happened is that I didn't  want to get out of bed in the morning and that led to me sleeping again. Another reason is that I did'nt have the energy to feel wake.

I managed to meditate on the 4th for only 5 minutes. This is because, I was looking up different meditation positions and types of meditations. In this case it was breathing meditation. Unfortunately I don't think I meditated the next morning after the 4th.

I may update this later in the day.

The way things are going

I don't know if I should continue this journal or not? The original reason why I started this journal is to hold myself accountable. And to be honest it was actually doing it's thing with meditation. But the disciplined counter/ streak counter were things I made up to see if I can complete my tasks for today. And usually I will succeed or fail. Now as for the past 2 days I been changing my meditation habits a lot. There are other ways to do meditation( walking, standing, sitting on chair etc.) And another thing I'm doing is researching meditation techniques and the problems I'm having. One of my problems is sleeping while meditating. Today I was watching a video on the Neti Neti technique by Leo, and along the way I started to sleep. And I had to stop the video because of how close my body was getting to sleep(like really close my eyes were closing and I was being sent to unconscious land).

For the past two day I been programming and finish two sections on freecodecamp and I am on the iquery section. I also started rollerblading and will be having fun in that.

The future of this journal... It appears that I have finally found a way to get things done: wake up early, get started on what you want to do and just do it/ focus on it.(make sure your just focus on the task on hand and focus on one thing at a time). I also feel that I won't be updating this regularly anymore. The problem is that do I really need to write the stuff I did today and describe in detail. The point of this is that I want to living my life not writing what I did today. In the future I want to be living a life of growth and learning but to have to write about whether I got everything done just makes me thinks its a waste of time. I prefer to just live, and not rely on any planner to plan out my day. My thoughts can do that. I don't need a system to hold myself accountable, my thoughts and actions can do that. 

The benefits of writing this journal is as follows: improve writing(could help me in school) but it appears that I only get write so well when I am passionate or excited about something, I only start to fail when I am not interested in what I am writing. (And yes there are parts where the writing kind of suck.)(but mostly I'm using my thoughts.) information to help, I get to talk about myself and share resources on anything I learn or experience today.  

The downsides of writing this journal: wasted time, usually it's wasted time if I feel like I'm doing this for homework(it feels like homework if I don't feel passionate or excited) or because I have to update the system of accountability.  

In the end I get to save time and truly live my life of personal growth and learning.

Project research Meditation

I I'm back after a 6 day break from posting anything. And I feel really inspire to just learn meditation and yoga after watching this

and this

I also watched this:

You should also check this site out:https://www.ananda.org/

Edited by MrPeak

Information Overload

OK I haven't done that much research on meditation. I been procrastinating .I been mostly looking up information across different areas of personal development (diet,exercise,nutrition,how the brain works, learning techniques/studying techniques, and other people who do personal development.) Although I did do some research on meditation a few days ago on this:

This video I watched weeks ago.

Here are some the others things I been learning:

http://www.learningassistance.com/2006/january/mnemonics.html

Tips on studying better:

Use spaced repetition

Get enough sleep to make sure that your brain is storing those ideas in long term memory

exercise to get blood pumping to your brain

meditate

eat healthy

use mnemonics

connect your ideas to other ideas that relate to each other.(use mind maps)

quiz yourself

Learn new things to increase gray matter

Master the areas of intelligence(spatial,naturalist,musical,interpersonal etc.) The goal is to master each area of intelligence, not to rely on one as if it was your learning style. Science says that humans don't have different learning styles.

Be open minded

Do weird things to your brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNfTEl6sJ-4

How to take notes

1.Preview(read intro and summary)

take notes

overview(read heading, subheading, 1st sentences of each paragraph, balded text, diagrams, pictures)

take notes

read

take notes

memorize( after reading is finish, if too long take notes/ memorize at each paragraph.)

80% reading 20% note taking

25-5 strategy

25 mins of reading, 5 mins of note taking, repeat\

If its a diagram, read a sentence, look at the diagram base on what the sentence was talking about, repeat.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I also have started a personal development journal to keep track of what I learn and write it down. To make sure that I don't lose anything that could be very useful for the future.

System goals: Systems goals are way better than using plain goals:http://jamesclear.com/goals-systems and https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/07/systems-better-than--goals-oliver-burkeman

Edited by MrPeak

More mnemonic techniques/ other things

Other sources to follow:http://www.memory-improvement-tips.com/memory-systems.html

http://masterofmemory.com/how/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I been taking a course on coursea on how to learn, and so far its been great.

There are other courses I been taking such as Buddhism and Modern Psychology, and a few others. But I am not sure if I want to continue them.

More study tips: Interleaved practice (mixing things up, different problems sets, concepts, ideas)

Distributed Practice: breaking things up into smaller study sections.

School starts tomorrow for me, So I will have to go to a place that steals my creativity and forces me to be in an industrial grinder. With unconscious humans in the room. What I have is a weapon to defeat the school system(study techniques and mnemonics at my disposal.) This is just me being funny.

I need to also make sure I am learning for knowledge and not just for grades. If I memorize something but don't understand it, then what is the point.

Long term thinking:

All I want in life is to just to be at peak performance( amazing body/energy, peak brain,), Be amazing at what I do, and spiritual awareness/meditation.  

I also want to contribute to the human species in a big way, but I have to deal with the world of economics. If my mind was not open then I probably won't be here right now. Which means I can do this, even if I have to deal with economics.

I really need to get back in meditation, but I fear if I meditate the wrong way I won't reach advanced levels of awareness/enlightenment. I know that you have to meditate for the long term to see results, but I don't want to be meditating for 5 years and realize that I wasted 5 years of meditating the wrong way.

It will be a long, long time before I get to the place I want to be in personal development.

Edited by MrPeak

The internet can be a time waster

Here's how school went: Day 1, unfortunately, I got to school late because of traffic. I also happen to go to a very authoritarian school. I am forced to wear uniform and pants and be there by 7:45am.  Got to leave the house by 7:20 because of the distance and car traffic jamming up the streets later. When I got out of the car I had to climb over a door and push the handle and then knock on a second door and have someone open it because it was lock. I couldn't use the main gate because it closes after 7:45am . Day 2 was the same. For this day I went around the school and got in through another gate because of the rules and regulations I have to deal with. Day 3 I got in on time, same with day 4 and 5. One thing that I find is that whenever I come home from school I will usually waste time on the internet and go to sleep, if I happen to be on a tablet laying on a bed. Which is not good sense that wastes time and school already wastes 7 hours of my day. .

My classes: Math isn't going to be easy. I will have to understand what the teachers is saying even though she teaches bad. I also gotta make sure that I succeed or else I got to deal with repeated classes. English(reading and writing class) In this class I will have to read freaking springboard (collegeboard) and do assignments on it. Same thing for math. I will also have to learn new vocabulary that is obscure. Biology- I will learn about human cells and other stuff related to that. Art- a class where I get to relax and not memorize and develop my drawing skills. Online class-HOPE( Health Opportunities through Physical Education) This class will be about P.E healthy eating and exercise and a few other things. It seems like this class will use some information that is quite outdated(government food pyramid, and myplate). There is one class that is a repeater class due to bureaucracy. The reason I got to take this repeater class is due to me failing a standardized test by 7 freaking points. And the final class is just a freaking study hall.( Well not really since its a learning strategies class where I learn stuff like setting goals, ways to study and other things. I already know the information that the class is going to teach, that's what personal development is for.) I am forced to take this class because I can't finish a standardized test under a time limit. I can also get help from the teacher if I want to. And finish other work.

To make sure that I am not wasting time on the internet searching random stuff on how to be successful, I will have to give myself a 1-2 hour section of free internet searching on Friday and if I get all important tasks done on other days then it will be around 10-20minutes. The problem is that most of my internet searching is just me searching aimlessly and reading articles related to personal development and how to be successful. The problem with that is that I already know how to be successful. I don't need to be wasting time searching different articles on the same thing. What I am worried about is the fear of missing out. But it seems like I already know the basics to this and any little tip I learn may not be worth the hassle.

I will probably not get perfect grades. But I really want to see myself get a 3.5gpa and B+ or higher. Since last year my grade was C's some B's and an easy A with a D and F in there. Only during 2nd quarter did I get the D and F in two classes while the rest was just C's and B's

I will also need to make sure I can do the stuff that I am interested in and have time to meditate.(even if it's just basic meditation).

Yesterday I meditated for 20 minutes and some time later my body was moving and it felt like a roller coaster ride.

More study tips:

understanding the fundamentals( make sure you understand step 1 before moving on to step 2).

first principles( boil things done to the fundamentals and truths and work your way up from there.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV3sBlRgzTI )

analogy and metaphor- compare the thing that your learning to something else and you will make a connection

Edited by MrPeak