Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skanzi

A crucial difference between Yellow and Turquoise

1 post in this topic

Hey guys.

If you happen to be one of the few people who are unfamiliar with what I mean with "Yellow" and "Turquoise", look up the Spiral Dynamics model. It is a map displaying the evolution of consciousness.

I just wrote a reply to a guy in another thread which I personally felt was pretty powerful. I felt the desire to simply make a seperate topic for it to post it again so more people get to read it, as I felt like it was simply worth sharing to more people than only the ones who would've read that post in that page in that thread.

Make of it what you want.

Truth is not an idea, but the falling away of your ideas, and then what is left is the Truth.

How do I (intellectually) know that this is true? I don't. I simply speak. I simply speak because I have exhausted questioning and doubting.

If you question enough, at some point you start to get to fed up with all the questions. The energy for your constant doubting and questioning will disappear, because it have proven to be so futile and exhausting, and it has given you nothing positive. You may have broken down a lot of the negative mental patterns, but it has not been replaced by something positive. Really, it has taken you from bias to confusion. It did for me, at least.

So when you get fed up with questioning and doubting itself, that's the turning point from Yellow to Turquoise (referring to the spiral dynamics model).

And the strange thing is that instead of continuing to be in an state of absolute ignorance, not being able to make any assertion for the rest of your life whatsoever for the fact that you think you've come to the ultimate truth that "I know that I know nothing", you start to see that even that statement you don't know for sure (even disregarding the fact that the very statement itself is paradoxical), as you start to act and speak from a place that is not based on your past logic and philosophies. For how do we know what "knowing" really means?

As I myself am entering Turquoise territory now, I more and more often start to make statements that I don't provide logical backup for —whether it's inner contemplation or outer explanation. I simply speak, and it feels right to say or write it, so I state it.

Forget your need for it to be logically supported. I don't really care about that anymore. It's not making philosophies; It's making music. Almost exactly the same as making music. There's no right or wrong in making music. You just make music, and people may like it or may not like it, but nobody argues whether this music is "false" or "true". That whole discussion would be ridiculous. There's nothing false or true about music. It just is. Whether people like it or not is a different matter, but it just is.

So from the Turquoise perspective, statements are just music. Turquoise people don't care about being logically correct or incorrect. Their statements are just music, coming from somewhere unknowable.

How do you or I know that what I've just written is true from the perspective of Yellow or the mind? We don't. How can we know? Maybe what I've just written has been absolutely untrue. But then again: Can Truth be contained in words in the first place?

So as Leo said, can you know absolute Truth when it happens to you? From the Yellow (or the stages below that) perspective or the perspective of the mind, you can't. There's just no way.

But from the Turquoise perspective, you can and do know it. But this statement will make no sense to you if you start THINKING about it, you see? What I am stating here is just music, not something that my mind can know whether this is true or not. I can say that maybe I am deceiving myself here by correlating no-mind and direct experience with Truth, but this once again is the mind talking, you see?

So do I know Truth? I don't, but I do. But I don't... But I do.

Do you see my difficulty ?. There's still some yellow fears and attachments in me and that's why I find it difficult to say that "I do know the Truth" and just be done with it.

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me.