Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marchino

SantataGamana

4 posts in this topic

I've only heard of this kind of yoga. For a long time I dare to start doing yoga and light up a certain period of time in my life. I understand how good it is for my health.

What kind of yoga is that? I'd love to hear something about it. I love yoga very much and I'd like to try something new.

12 hours ago, Eva Ferguson said:

What kind of yoga is that? I'd love to hear something about it. I love yoga very much and I'd like to try something new.

Have you ever read "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramhansa Yogananda?

He was taught Kriya Yoga by Sri Yukteshwar who was taught by Lahiri Mahasaya who was taught by Babaji. His book is a classic, describing his own journey and his meetings with various saints and sages.

The issue with Kriya Yoga is that different lineages teach different practices and even the core practice of Kriya Kundalini Pranayama has variations.

Some people have tried to determine which practices are the genuine original Kriya Yoga. However, it seems as if Lahiri Mahasaya taught different practices to different disciples according to their temperament and level of development. They then taught what they had learned, hence the wide variety of practices.

Two people who have looked into the varieties of Kriya Yoga are Ennio Nimis and JC Stevens, and they have both written books about it. Ennio Nimis' book is available as a free download from his website (search for Ennio Nimis Kriya Yoga).

SantataGamana has also written on Kriya Yoga as well as books on kundalini, samadhi and turiya. I like his style. He is very direct, and his intention is to cut through all the false ideas about these topics and get to the heart of them. Well worth reading for those interested.

Peace