ranzo1

Confusion, Tired, Lost My Direction, Maybe Stop Watching Videos

9 posts in this topic

Im stuck and lost now. Maybe i will stop watching somone else and do what someone tells me . I was really happy about doing jim,nutrition,university,start to be better person,and than Leo started videos about enlightment. I m not against that,but,how you are sure that you will be really happy and everything will be amazing when you become enlightened and how it is posibble. I just lost my productivity,and also is a problem when Leo talks ,every video he talks about that we are wrong,living hell,you are this you are that,neurotic... I just didnt  even think about that stuff,and have focus on my thing,now ,lost motovation to do stuff that makes me happy,because they are not important... usless... I like to fight for myself,to be best version of myself but this puling me down.  Maybe to stop watching videos ,do my stuff and meditate...? Problem is about to much theory,content,do this ,do that,than that isnt worty...Maybe it is time to do want i want to do with my life... Also,why just to much thinking about enlightenment, chasing that but that is here,in now, i cant even be present because i thinking about that. Do what you love,meditate to charge yourself,isnt that complicated? :)

10 minutes ago, ranzo1 said:

Im stuck and lost now. Maybe i will stop watching somone else and do what someone tells me . I was really happy about doing jim,nutrition,university,start to be better person,and than Leo started videos about enlightment. I m not against that,but,how you are sure that you will be really happy and everything will be amazing when you become enlightened and how it is posibble. I just lost my productivity,and also is a problem when Leo talks ,every video he talks about that we are wrong,living hell,you are this you are that,neurotic... I just didnt  even think about that stuff,and have focus on my thing,now ,lost motovation to do stuff that makes me happy,because they are not important... usless... I like to fight for myself,to be best version of myself but this puling me down.  Maybe to stop watching videos ,do my stuff and meditate...? Problem is about to much theory,content,do this ,do that,than that isnt worty...Maybe it is time to do want i want to do with my life... Also,why just to much thinking about enlightenment, chasing that but that is here,in now, i cant even be present because i thinking about that. Do what you love,meditate to charge yourself,isnt that complicated? :)

Haven't you always done what you wanted with your life?  You are stuck in life functioning as the human identity, if that is what you want and enjoy, do it,  what i hear you saying is you ran across this site and got caught up in it for a little while.  Self realization or enlightenment is not something you just choose to do, that is why most go no where with it, it takes an intense desire for one to even tread this path, and you don't have that, and it is ok, just go do what you want to do as a human being until your desire for something else is greater.

2 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

Haven't you always done what you wanted with your life?  You are stuck in life functioning as the human identity, if that is what you want and enjoy, do it,  what i hear you saying is you ran across this site and got caught up in it for a little while.  Self realization or enlightenment is not something you just choose to do, that is why most go no where with it, it takes an intense desire for one to even tread this path, and you don't have that, and it is ok, just go do what you want to do as a human being until your desire for something else is greater.

Thanks for answer. Problem is that,know i know about enlightenment,it is hard to pursuit other stuff becouse of lack motivation,somtimes i just dont want to do something(but it is important) . Sometimes you dont want to do something that you love,for example,training,and you have that extra push,motivates you,but enlightenment is about "who is that who wants to train?" And kills my motivation. Also is talking that goals isnt important,but i disagree,if you want to be healthy,you must to organise yourself,train regulary,and you must have plan and goal to keeps motivation... Or enlightenment is for guys who acomplish lot of things in life,and... what is next?   But my logic is that what you are doing is important and give all yourself,one day you dont be able to do that...Maybe i misunderstod enlightenment but "kill the ego" isnt posible,you need person to be in this world . Maybe is that some change in mind ,not actually kill ego...Meditation is really good and i will do that,but, something in wnlightenment is wrong. It is really logical that we are dont exist,and that are toughts,but,is it better to create better yourself. Killing your dreams for me is kind sad... i started actualization because that i know about this life is purposless,and you are here and you are gonna die... im kinda stressed about that and cofused,and some other people of my age are happy and dont even know about this everything...try to meditate for 30 days,and do stuff and we will see

6 minutes ago, ranzo1 said:

Thanks for answer. Problem is that,know i know about enlightenment,it is hard to pursuit other stuff becouse of lack motivation,somtimes i just dont want to do something(but it is important) . Sometimes you dont want to do something that you love,for example,training,and you have that extra push,motivates you,but enlightenment is about "who is that who wants to train?" And kills my motivation. Also is talking that goals isnt important,but i disagree,if you want to be healthy,you must to organise yourself,train regulary,and you must have plan and goal to keeps motivation... Or enlightenment is for guys who acomplish lot of things in life,and... what is next?   But my logic is that what you are doing is important and give all yourself,one day you dont be able to do that...Maybe i misunderstod enlightenment but "kill the ego" isnt posible,you need person to be in this world . Maybe is that some change in mind ,not actually kill ego...Meditation is really good and i will do that,but, something in wnlightenment is wrong. It is really logical that we are dont exist,and that are toughts,but,is it better to create better yourself. Killing your dreams for me is kind sad... i started actualization because that i know about this life is purposless,and you are here and you are gonna die... im kinda stressed about that and cofused,and some other people of my age are happy and dont even know about this everything...try to meditate for 30 days,and do stuff and we will see

i think the problem is your thoughts and ideas about enlightenment, you have been listening to too many people pretend that they know something about enlightenment when in reality what they know is what they heard from someone else.  I don't do meditation, neither don't i have any spiritual practice of any kind,

What do you really know about dying, death,  how can one who was never born die?

what is the ego?

@ranzo1

Hello ranzo, 

Yes it seems that you have been listening to the wrong advice about enlightenment, or you have been taking a portion of these concepts too literally! 

This universal mishap is not necessarily a bad thing, especially when we are young or not quite ready to tackle such deep "existential conundrums".  Thankfully this problem can be easily remedied!

For you, in my opinion, living your life in a regular way and doing what you need to do so you develop naturally for your own sake, like partying, socializing, maintaining your hobbies, becoming the best person you can be, is more than enough.

A rule of thumb I personally like to use when studying self development ideas is to first critique them, check out their credentials and contemplate the ideas before committing anything to memory.  

I'd like to suggest that you do the same from now on so you can avoid falling deeper into any more traps.

The good news is that any beliefs you have picked up that are making you depressed you can immediately let got of so that you can return to what's important for you at this point in your life.  After all, the notion of forgetting false beliefs goes perfectly hand-in-hand with self development and even enlightenment - so why not start afresh your real self-development journey, the one that is right for you at this point in your life and notice that your beliefs about "no-self" are just beliefs?

The idea of "no-self" should never be taken as literal absolute truth (because the reality is it isn't absolutely true)  The real secret of enlightenment is that nothing is absolutely true.  Those of us seeking to better ourselves should primarily be concerned with the actual practices that benefit our situation.  Context is important: the correct practices for the correct situation. 

Meditation is a tool that all people can use, for many different reasons.  Just 2-3 minutes per day of following one's breath maybe enough for you.  No need for self-inquiry, big colourful maps, complex theories, psychological concepts, hardback-doorstop books or anything of this nature.  Just make a list of all the things you truly want from life and then focus on making your dreams come true.

Of course, if you need further assistance I am more than happy to help.

Mal

Edited by Mal

1 hour ago, Mal said:

@ranzo1

Hello ranzo, 

Yes it seems that you have been listening to the wrong advice about enlightenment, or you have been taking a portion of these concepts too literally! 

This universal mishap is not necessarily a bad thing, especially when we are young or not quite ready to tackle such deep "existential conundrums".  Thankfully this problem can be easily remedied!

For you, in my opinion, living your life in a regular way and doing what you need to do so you develop naturally for your own sake, like partying, socializing, maintaining your hobbies, becoming the best person you can be, is more than enough.

A rule of thumb I personally like to use when studying self development ideas is to first critique them, check out their credentials and contemplate the ideas before committing anything to memory.  

I'd like to suggest that you do the same from now on so you can avoid falling deeper into any more traps.

The good news is that any beliefs you have picked up that are making you depressed you can immediately let got of so that you can return to what's important for you at this point in your life.  After all, the notion of forgetting false beliefs goes perfectly hand-in-hand with self development and even enlightenment - so why not start afresh your real self-development journey, the one that is right for you at this point in your life and notice that your beliefs about "no-self" are just beliefs?

The idea of "no-self" should never be taken as literal absolute truth (because the reality is it isn't absolutely true)  The real secret of enlightenment is that nothing is absolutely true.  Those of us seeking to better ourselves should primarily be concerned with the actual practices that benefit our situation.  Context is important: the correct practices for the correct situation. 

Meditation is a tool that all people can use, for many different reasons.  Just 2-3 minutes per day of following one's breath maybe enough for you.  No need for self-inquiry, big colourful maps, complex theories, psychological concepts, hardback-doorstop books or anything of this nature.  Just make a list of all the things you truly want from life and then focus on making your dreams come true.

Of course, if you need further assistance I am more than happy to help.

Mal

Im really glad to hear that,and you are approach is so helpful. I now that i cant take this anymore, and noticed that im depressed and unmotivated on daily basis... But i was really going well ,year ago... also said ,this enlightenment probably isnt something bad,if is something posible,why people pursuit that if it is bad anyway,this actualization is about feeling greath in your skin... I hope that i will find way from this situation,because,depression isnt way to live life, lack of drive is my main problem...Thank you,for advice,im tired from : "they are no person ,why to be sad" ,why people oppsesing with that anyway?

4 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

i think the problem is your thoughts and ideas about enlightenment, you have been listening to too many people pretend that they know something about enlightenment when in reality what they know is what they heard from someone else.  I don't do meditation, neither don't i have any spiritual practice of any kind,

What do you really know about dying, death,  how can one who was never born die?

what is the ego?

Yes,suddenly ,everyone is competent to talking about enlightenment,but no one is enlightened. How can you explane that we are never born,who than writing this message?  And also,people are oppsesed of death,but every day we die(fall a sleep) , that is death...mini death... and real death is like that, but we didnt woke up...when you sleep,you dont know that you sleeping ... Living for 5000 years for example is curse,i dont want that,who want that? We gonna die,so what? That is good. 

@ranzo1

1 hour ago, ranzo1 said:

"they are no person ,why to be sad" ,why people oppsesing with that anyway?

Hey there :)

This is a brilliant insight, because I think your reaction to this "there is no person" mantra is very healthy indeed.  Swallowing feelings and thoughts isn't the way to self-actualization or even real enlightenment.  There is actually a term for this "Spiritual Bypassing" - believing spiritual concepts and holding those concepts in the conscious mind to hold back everything that's trying to sort itself out in the unconscious mind.  The unconscious mind is trying to sort out it's past and resolve itself, and for us when we're still trying to adjust to life as a social person we need to be regulating this stuff healthily.

And then of course there are also individuals who unconsciously attempt and sometimes sadly succeed in spamming us with their beliefs or "insights"!

I'm glad you are seeing some things for what they are.  Your depressive feelings I think are there to let you know what's not good for you and It's certainly not too late for you to make a healthy comeback!

Warmest regards

Mal 

17 hours ago, ranzo1 said:

Yes,suddenly ,everyone is competent to talking about enlightenment,but no one is enlightened. How can you explane that we are never born,who than writing this message?  And also,people are oppsesed of death,but every day we die(fall a sleep) , that is death...mini death... and real death is like that, but we didnt woke up...when you sleep,you dont know that you sleeping ... Living for 5000 years for example is curse,i dont want that,who want that? We gonna die,so what? That is good. 

Thanks for your reply ranzo,  the only people who are qualified to talk about enlightenment or as i call it self realization are those who experience a transition from the human being to the kind of being that existed before the body and will exist after it has decayed.  99.9 % of the human population  function solely as the human identity, which basically functions in an unconscious manner controlled by programing, false belief, and desires of the identity body.  That which existed before the body (consciousness, which is the creative source of life), created the body to experience this life in, when it tires of it, it will step out of this body and continue on to other creations.  In the 99.9 %, consciousness is lost in the identity body that it created, basically forgetting its true state of being.  For the 1/10th of one percent, consciousness has awakened from the dream of the identity body and retained its ability to experience its true state of being, even while functioning in the identity body, but not controlled by programing, false beliefs and desires of the flesh, basically the identity body and its ego are in the back seat, rather than driving the car.  The 99.9 % will leave the body with all its programing, false belief and desires of the flesh that it will have to deal with somewhere, sometime, because all of that is rooted within consciousness and will remain until liberation from it can be achieved.  The 1/10th of one percent have become liberated from those things in this life and when they tire of the body they will simply step out of the body,  as a liberated being of consciousness which is our true estate.

I understand that the human identity cannot understand this, but when i speak of this in relation to the human identity, I am speaking to the consciousness, rather than the human being, in that it might create a spark within the consciousness of the individual, at a point that may lead to the awakening or a greater awakening.  Even though you cannot fully grasp this now, contemplating these things may lead to a better understanding of yourself, understanding more about yourself and the real you that is possessing the body will bring greater change in your life.  The answer to your question is in this. cheers